New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Just joined

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,996 Likes on 1,691 Posts
Default Just joined

Hi
I thought that I would just say hello to all you Jag fans out there and thanks for letting me into your forum.

I live in Wiltshire in the UK which for those of you that don't know our currently rain sodden country is about 70 miles west of London and up a bit.

Currently driving a very good late 1993 XJS 4 litre Coupe in white with red leather interior which I am shortly to sell to pay for work on the recent purchase of very bad 1986 V12 XJSC in black with cream and grey interior. It has now reached the age where severe incontinence has set in and it is leaking from every mechanical component that contains fluids. Nothing that bananas and sawdust can't fix for a quick sale (as if).

First 'Jag' was a 4.2 litre Daimler Sovereign followed by a Series 2 LWB XJ12 which was ferociously fast and had an epic thirst. Next was a non-factory XJS V12 Cabriolet in gold.

A black Lister XJS Coupe with black leather interior was the next one, not a full blown one but it had all the bits on it and a gas flowed and ported engine; the only car I have ever been in where a police car driver overtook me and wagged his finger at me on the motorway for driving too fast (slowing down from 130mph). He must have been a Jaguar owner.

After that an XJR6 which was stunningly quick for such a smooth, comfortable, big car.
Then on to the white XJS Coupe and now the black Cabriolet which is going to be a labour of both love and hate. There is nothing wrong with the Coupe but I really miss my rag tops so it was positively heart over mind on that one.

So, that's me and my Jags and good Jagging to you all
Steve

Attached Thumbnails Just joined-2012-06-17-009.jpg  

Last edited by GGG; 07-12-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: this pair deserve a big picture
Old 07-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Received 6,308 Likes on 5,496 Posts

Welcome to the forum Steve,

Good to have you with us.
I'm sure you have found the XJS section, if not it's here
XJS - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
It sounds like you'll fit right in. I have to say I prefer black to white!

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

The following users liked this post:
Steve M (07-12-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,996 Likes on 1,691 Posts

Hi Norri
Thanks for the reply and the welcome. I'm a recent user of any sort of social network and I am amazed at how many people you can reach and how much information you can glean from just typing a few keystrokes (or hundreds in my case). I'm still not going to do facebook or twitter though!
The White one versus the Black one: if you put them side by side in a pub car park I think that more people would gravitate towards the white one purely because it stands out so much; the black one looks slightly ordinary to me (I haven't finished [started] with it yet though) possibly because it doesn't have the flying buttresses of the Coupe which are still unreplicated (I think) apart from the Toyota somethingorother. (Coupe?)
Then again they might gravitate towards the white one because there might be less chance of getting something sticky on their shoes. Ho hum.
Still raining here, it must be more than 40 days and 40 nights by now! Luckily I have a wooden boat although most of the water seems to get in through the bottom. One vehicle leaking in and one leaking out. Maybe a hybrid is on the cards. A V12 engined wooden river cruiser, sounds ideal!
Steve
ps I couldn't put any photos in my garage because I'm still within the 3 day spam period but that's cool, I wait a bit and then try again.
Steve

Old 07-12-2012, 05:22 PM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Steve,

Great intro. That's some ownership history you have. Braver man than me because I've just had one nibble at an XJ12. Epic thirst is definitely the right description!

You'll feel right at home in the XJS section where other members have been carrying out some serious restorations.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Graham

Old 07-13-2012, 03:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum Steve.

Sensible choice, at least with a Rag Top, the oars don't snag!

Great intro'.

Enjoy the forum.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,008 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey Steve M and welcome aboard Jaguarforums, good to have you here with us
thanks for a really nice intro and a nice pic of what looks like 2 beautiful Jags.

Please note - Just for your reference, when posting a lot of info in a large block of text, it tends to make it unreadable to many....I've edited your first post so perhaps you can see what I mean?

It will help you in the long run I promise.........

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....

I have manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................