New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Long time Jag lover

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long time Jag lover

Hi,

New here to post but have read a few post. I have had a Mr. Jag, 1986 black with tan interior who went up in flames. I salvedges the front end to use on Lady Jag, burgandy 1984, stil awaiting her trans to be hooked up . While she was in storage vandles busted out her windows. I also own another black 1986, needs body work, but beautiful interior who while sitting at my mothers last year was hit buy a 8 inch round tree and busted the rear window and damaged the window frame I have a 1984 tourqoise which only has reverse and i was taking parts to keep Mr. Jag on the road. I want to get it back up and running. And then there is a 1984 black plain one who was starting as of last year but would not stay running. It has a brake problem( I changed master cylinder but nothing). It spung some leaks in fule lines, now all replaced. Now won't start. Finally, like what was i thinking, bought a 1985 van den plas in October. The fuel pump went on the way home. So it arrived home on a tow truck. What am i doing. Anyway replaced the pump and it was fine. replaced the sparkscap rotor and wires and it breezed right through inspection. Then it was stuck in my yard after the big snow storm this year for about 6 weeks. I finally got to it and started it. It was rough. Drove it around the block . Parked it and now it will only start and run for 3-5 sec,depending on the outside temp, and then die.

So here I am trying to trouble shoot the problem. I did alot of hardware work on my other jags but now I am faced with getting tham started. First, time. Some have been setting a while. But This is my mission .

I noticed in a post to someone who could not start their 1985 they were referred to the compression check list. So I am here to finnally become a good jag mechanic.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi there welcome aboard, great to have you with us.

Nice intro with lots of info.....thanks

Hope we can help with your issues....................
Great site here with some top people and above all friendly and helpful, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I've upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the sites features.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:33 AM
Received 6,323 Likes on 5,510 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Sounds like you have your hands full, head over to the tech forums and see if you can get some advice.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.