New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

My first Jag - a 3.8s soloon

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 311 Likes on 243 Posts
Smile My first Jag - a 3.8s soloon

I am a fan all types of cars especially cars in the 60-70's. I just purchased my first Jaguar. It is a 1965 Jaguar 3.8S four door. This car is being customized right now and getting it road ready to be a daily driver. It was not only my first Jag but the first time I purchased a car on E-bay!

The body is in great shape, car has no rust, and looks stock on the outside for the most part but has a very old school Chevy 350. What I am going to do is to remove the old 350 and replace it with an aluminum block LS1 or LS2 with automatic transmission. I am also completely refinishing all the wood, modifying the seat mounts to install Jaguar Vanden Plas electric leather seats front and rear, installing a retro air conditioning system and removing the old trunk mounted AC & rear deck AC vents, replacing the louvered hood to a stock hood, new gaskets on all windows, etc., new steering wheel, modifying the suspension to adjustable coile overs and poly bushings, installing power steering rack, aluminum racing radiator, stripping the undercarriage and engine bay which will then get a coating of Por-15 metal prep then Por-15 under carriage paint to eliminate any chance of rust, and a few high tech electronics for my rolling office and then it will be my daily driver!

Ohh and I will be putting custom aluminum wheels from complete custom wheel that have that clean web spoke design which will have custom offsets to try to squeeze the widest wheels possible under the stock fenders. It will look like a classic retored on the outside other than the wheels but it will be a sleeper with about 400 HP to hold my own against a modified Lexus or Mercedes sport sedans and have the reliability of a GM powerplant.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Received 6,310 Likes on 5,497 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Sounds like a great project, don't forget the pictures as you progress.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Received 108 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Primaz

I don't know why I can't PM you directly. Your car sounds cool. Please help me find a hood, Air Filter, and Nicer grill for my 64 S-Type. The 65 I bought on ebay last week..rust free all original out of CA and AZ. The car needs paint, rubber, re-varnish of the wood (was told the veneer is not peeling), and all the chrome will probably need re-plating. It has the old rear air unit..so I'll be interested in your mods. Why not email me directly at "ssmoleroff@aol.com". Steve

Old 06-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Veteran Member

thanks, I'll post pictures once it is done which I hope will be soon! I will check my settings for PM but since I am new I might not have enough posts yet maybe this may put me over the edge?

Old 06-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

PRIMAZ, welcome to the forum. Great to have another member from Cali. aboard. You have quite a project going, can't wait to see some pics and progress reports. Have fun here and also with your car.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the helpful tips. I've edited my signature and when my first Jaguar 3.8S is finished, hopefully in the next few months, I'll edit my signature again and post some pictures. I am excited to get this car finished as it will become my daily driver.

I am also modifying it to have my rolling mobile office which I have in a Lexus right now; that consists of a HP color lazar jet business printer, professional wire-binding machine in the trunk & always on internet, 1500 watt inverter with dual batteries & RV battery isolater/controller, wireless speaker phone and laptop mount.

The 3.8S Jaguar will look like a restored classic, have a mobile office better than many people's office, and have enough horsepower and handling to race a modern day BMW-Mercedes-Audi, etc performance sedan with no FEAR