New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Nearly new member (July 2013)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013 | 10:17 PM
|
Default Nearly new member (July 2013)

Hello All, By way of introduction my name is Ken and I'm located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I purchased a 1997 Jaguar XK-8 coupe this last July to compensate for turning 60 - and well because I love Jags.

Actually, I had been window shopping nearly four years before I let one follow me home. This is not my first Jag. I owned a '66 E-Type drop head in the early seventies and an XJ6 in the mid eighties.

I've also owned a couple of older Mercedes, a Rolls and an Intermeccianica Italia. I'm an electronics / electro-mechanical engineer currently employed by a medical company. My little Jag is an ice blue metallic clear coat with a creme' (NDR) interior.

So far I've worked on the center vents, temperature control module, and rebuilt the factory radio using the parts from the one that came with the car and two other units. The factory speakers appear damaged and so I will replace those next.

Observations with a scope suggest the radio output modules are functioning correctly. The car has non-factory very shiny wheels which I'm trying to learn to like. Some days I think they're not so bad - other days they have got to go!

I have already gained so much from my membership in this forum. I just made my first post - regarding the neo-wedge lamps in the center controls and hope to continue to contribute and benefit from this terrific group.

Warm regards, Ken

Old 10-14-2013 | 10:59 PM

Welcome to the forum Ken,

Good to have you with us.
No need for directions to the XK8/R section but your regional section is this way Central US - MT WY CO ND SD NE KS - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 10-15-2013 | 01:52 AM
GGG

Welcome to the forum Ken,

Good to have you here with us at Jaguar forums and to hear you've already found useful information here.

As you've already found your way to the XK8/XKR forum, there's no need for a link from me.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top there is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 10-15-2013 | 07:07 AM

welcome to the forum - plenty of info and support here - enjoy

Old 10-16-2013 | 03:41 AM
Veteran Member

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums
If you need any further help with the site, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features. Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........
See you in the forums....

Old 10-18-2013 | 07:42 PM

Welcome to the forum Ken, nice to have you with us.