New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New to this!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this!!!

Hello all, well I have a 2002 S-type 2.5 petrol Jaguar which is my pride and joy.
However I have been having problems with my two key fob's. I can still use my two keys to unlock / lock the central locking but the fob buttons do not work at all now, I was getting some use out of the fob's on good days but found that on hot and sunny day's they would stop working.

Have tried a number of things like disconnecting the live terminal from the battery for 30 minutes but that did not work, although the time before last i tried that the fob's worked for a couple of hours before stopping again.

I have obtained a another DDCM (Drivers Door Control Module) but can someone tell me if I will need the DDCM calibrated (or is the word synced???) to work with my fob's???
I know this is probably a no brainer but I want to get it right first time. I tried to use my fob's whilst inside the car and alongside the DDCM and at first they did work, however I get nothing from them now so that does point to a faulty DDCM doesn't it????

Old 02-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.
You should post your tech question in the S section, have you changed the fob batteries and given the contacts a clean?

You should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey there petemate, welcome to JF good to have you here with us ....

Please do yourself a favour and check into the S type section...
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-15/

You'll get loads of great help fro mthe guys there....

There really are some amazing and friendly guys here....you're in really good company to discuss anything Jag related or even just to have a few laughs!

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
so jump on in and enjoy

Old 02-24-2012, 04:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank's both for your assistance, I have done all of the usual thing's, change battery and clean contacts whilst standing on one leg with the fob against my head for a better signal, sorry that's my sense of humour and I am not trying to belittle you. This has gone on for a while off and on, one day it works the next it doesn't then it will work for a couple of day's then not at all. Now it's nothing at all!! Will re-post on the S-type as suggested thanks again.