New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New to the forum...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum...

Hello, I am new to the Jaguar Forums but certainly not to Jaguars.

My name is David and I live in West Central Florida. Sadly, my last two Jaguars were sold in 2006 as my family was navigating the darkest financial period in our history. Those last two cars were a 1987 Series III VDP with 47K original miles, in our family since new and a 1991 XJ-S V12 "Classic Collection" coupe with 46K original miles. Both cars were owned by my late Grandfather whose love of the marque I inherited heartily.

Our family has worked very hard to reclaim lost financial ground and though I am not yet again a Jaguar owner, I intend to begin shopping for my next one this coming Spring.

I joined this community for two reasons:

1.) I hope to lean on the experience of other owners to help me choose the best model for my next Jag.

2.) I look forward to putting my 25+ years of european automotive experience to work serving other members of this community whenever I can.

Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself.

-David

Old 12-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Received 6,354 Likes on 5,532 Posts

Welcome to the forum David,

I'm happy to hear that you are getting back on your feet.

You'll get plenty of advice and opinions on what model to choose.

The following users liked this post:
JagAficionado (12-23-2011)
Old 12-23-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Norri
Welcome to the forum David,

I'm happy to hear that you are getting back on your feet.

You'll get plenty of advice and opinions on what model to choose.
Oooops!

Sorry Norri. I clicked the "Thanks" button instead of the "Quote" button!

My apologies!

-David

Old 12-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hi david

Hi david
hope you get your jaguar soon i know what i feels like i lost everything a year ago and am just getting on my feet but it was worth the hard work.
Stick in there hope you get what you want.
alex.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

David, welcome aboard the forum, great to have you with us here at JF

Great intro, with loads of info about you, thanks for sharing......

There really are some amazing and friendly guys here....you're in really good company to discuss anything Jag related or have a few laughs!

A really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features

All the best

Old 12-23-2011, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by albackuk
Hi david
hope you get your jaguar soon i know what i feels like i lost everything a year ago and am just getting on my feet but it was worth the hard work.
Stick in there hope you get what you want.
alex.
Hello Alex,

Thanks for the support. As many have experienced challenging times these past few years, the world over, it is sad to say you and I are not alone. Adversity is quite the character; enemy and mentor oft times at once.

Glad to hear you are "on the other side" as well! I know for our part we glimpse and eagerly await the return to feeling "ourselves".

Thanks again for your kind words!

-David

Old 12-23-2011, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by JimC64

David, welcome aboard the forum, great to have you with us here at JF

Great intro, with loads of info about you, thanks for sharing......

There really are some amazing and friendly guys here....you're in really good company to discuss anything Jag related or have a few laughs!

A really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features

All the best
Hi Jim!

Thank you so much for the "all access" push. I really appreciate that! I am a "gearhead" from way back. Performance is a significant part of my decision making process going forward. I actually found the forum searching for STR dyno information and one of the first things I couldn't open was a dyno plot .pdf in one of the threads. Now I will be able to view / analyse that right away! Thanks for making that possible!

I appreciate your kind words as well and really look forward to the very elements you mention. Camraderrie is one of my favorite forum elements and, though I've spent much time on various different automotive forums over the years, I've never "cliqued" with a forum community quite like I believe I could "clique" with this one. Despite owning cars that fit the other forum criteria, I have never perhaps been the same "demographic" as the typical member of those other groups.

At any rate, I am excited to become a part and again appreciate the welcome and full access opportunity!

Best to you and yours as the Holidays are upon us all!

-David

Old 12-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

David, absolutely no problem, re your comments.

Please jump right in and I'm sure you'll have a whale of a time and "meet" many many knowledgable and very friendly / helpful guys here!

Some guys take it slow n easy and others have reached senior member status ( 100 posts ) within 3 days and veteran status ( 1000 post count ) in a month or so, do what feels right for you.

Catch you around the site no doubt

Old 12-24-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by JimC64

David, absolutely no problem, re your comments.

Please jump right in and I'm sure you'll have a whale of a time and "meet" many many knowledgable and very friendly / helpful guys here!

Some guys take it slow n easy and others have reached senior member status ( 100 posts ) within 3 days and veteran status ( 1000 post count ) in a month or so, do what feels right for you.

Catch you around the site no doubt
Thanks again Jim!

Just one quick thing, I fear I may have implied that you were "pushing" and I just want to clarify. I just meant that I appreciated the acceleration of the access. I definitely didn't feel you were pushing at all!

I will be navigating all around the site through the rest of the weekend!

Catch up with you a bit later!

-David