New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New to the forum and about to be a owner of a 1998 XJR

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
Default New to the forum and about to be a owner of a 1998 XJR

Hi to all, Saturday I will become an owner of a 1998 Jaguar XJR w/99k miles on the clock, color: ? (BLUE), interior is Oatmeal, with brown wood trimmings. It has some rust spots by the front wheel wells, which the dealer is fixing as I type. Not a drop of liquid on the bottom of the engine/car what so ever.

Per the Carfax, It was always dealer serviced and I would become the third owner, the throttle body was replaced at 54K mi, but nothing about the timing chain or Nik engine sleeves. The engine sounds good on cold starts, no chain rattle nor any type of weird/concerning noises.

I am 42 years old, live in Easton, PA, a husband and a father of two, a Auto Mechanic (side gig), received my Automotive Technician Certificate from Lincoln Technical Institute in NJ. Been working on cars for as long as I can remember, Japs, German, Amer. you name it, I had it. But, my money maker; I am an Accountant.

My former car was a BMW 740iL, that was totaled on April 26th. In doing my search for the next ride, I ran across a picture of the XJR, so I pulled the spec and was very shock to find out the XJR pushes 370 hp from the factory. So, I got to reading more and more, found one locally and took it for a test drive, the dealer gave me the key and told me to go and I went. Didn't like the color (RED), so my search began. I am a black or white car fan, those or the only two colors I like. But, this Blue one really caught my eye and was like I want it and I got it.

Which it had the Asteroid wheels, but I am pleased with what it is riding on, the five spoke OEM.

Have to drive it back 171 miles from where I purchase it from, now that the ultimate tests drive.

Hopefully I can get my post count up soon, so I can post and see some pictures of the XJR on the site.

Thanks,
SGB

Old 05-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 194 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum SGB, looking forward to seeing some pics! Head on over tothe XJR section, you'll find some knowledgeable folks there!

Old 05-17-2012, 02:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Good to see you.

Look forward to the pictures.

Hope the drive home goes well.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Received 6,332 Likes on 5,517 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.
It'll soon be Saturday.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.