New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New forum member

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New forum member

Evening everyone. So my son decided for his 16th birthday that he wanted to use his money and purchase a car. We looked at everything from the eclipse spyders to camaro convertibles. Low and behold we saw a posting for a 1987 XJ-S about 2.5 hours from our home. So on his birthday we decided to take a look at the XJ-S for sale. I've always loved the 1980's jaguars - their styling was ahead of the time. It was the perfect combination of luxury and sport unlike any other vehicle. This particular XJ-S was from California and brought to Massachusetts. The body was perfect, even had a fresh pewter gray paint job not long before. She had under 90k miles, and was in need of a good home. Needless to say I was not disappointed when my son decided to buy her; especially considering the price he was able to get. When we got her home we realized that we didn't buy this car, we rescued her. I don't know what the second owner of the vehicle did to the poor girl, but I've been spending much of my free time giving her a second chance at life.

Well about a couple weeks ago my son decided he had a bunch of football cards he wanted to trade. Now he's only 16, but he was able to pull off a deal with someone to trade his football cards for their 1985 XJ6. How could I object!!! This car has only 75,000; and the body and interior are in excellent condition. Don't get me wrong, still needs a bit of work, but these pair of beauties is definately one father-son project I don't mind working on!

I've had the pleasure (though often times "mis") of working on british vehicles with a 79 MG Midget. Gotta love Lucas - Why do the brits drink warm ale? Because their refrigerators are made by Lucas! I didn't quite understand that joke until I started working on the MG.

So that's essentially our story of how we came about aquiring a couple classic cars. I've already read many threads on Jaguar forums as a non-member, that it was high time I joined the "family."

Old 03-07-2013, 11:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 875 Likes on 633 Posts

Welcome to our humble forum!

Great tale, and sounds like great father & son projects as well! Congrats to you both!

Pics are a must!.....

Vince

Old 03-08-2013, 02:14 AM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum docppo,

Great Intro. You and your son are going to get a lot of pleasure from the two Jaguar projects.

Sounds like you probably already know the way to the tech section but if not, follow this link XJS - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XJS section and this one https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...s-i-ii-iii-16/ to the XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III section for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top of each tech section is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You may also like to visit the US North East Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/north-east-us-me-nh-vt-ma-ri-ct-nj-ny-pa-35/ to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 03-08-2013, 02:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are going to be busy with your son's hobbies.

Good to have you with us.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:14 AM
Received 6,354 Likes on 5,532 Posts

Welcome to the forum docppo,

Good to have you with us.
It sounds like the lad will go far.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Great intro thanks for sharing

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................