New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New to Forum, New to Jag

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to Forum, New to Jag

OK, I just "inherited" my mother's '92 Vanden Plas (no, she's still kickin', just can't afford to continue maintaining her car). She has had he dealer do all the maintenance/repair since new and the car looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. I've never worked on a Jag so I figured I'd best get involved in some forums where the folks know what they are talking about!

Some background, I live in Dacula, GA (outside Atlanta) and Hilham, TN (north of Cookeville). Most of my cars over the past 40+ years have been American but my current daily driver is a Honda that spends more time on the track than on the road (I'm an avid SCCA member). I've always done my own service and repairs, I've restored 2 MGBGTs, and am currently working on a '36 Cord 810 so I guess you could call me a gearhead. I'm sure I'll have many questions for you folks and if I can help anyone with in my particular field (refrigeration) I'll be most happy to assist.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,456 Likes on 1,952 Posts

Welcome to the forum. From the work you have done on cars already, there cannot be much we can tell you, apart from the "quirks" of Jaguars

Old 07-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.