New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New to the forum, not to Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum, not to Jaguar

We just replaced our 2011 Mini Cooper Clubman with a 2007 Jaguar X-Type Sportwagon. My wife survived an accident when the mini rolled 3 times and was totaled, but at least she is alive, and she is healing.

This is a second owner car, with 69K miles. The transfer case was replaced by a dealership.

Right now the only issues seem small, but I am hoping the forum can help with them.

We seem to have a leak on the passenger side A pillar, dripping on to the glove box. I was reading that it may be the moon roof drains. I'll be checking that.

Also the passenger side air bag light stays on. I believe I need to check the connection under the seat to be sure it's not just the sensor switch.

Back in the 80's, I owned a 1963 Mark X Jag for a short time. It needed a lot of work, and at the time, top book value was $5600 in unmolested condition. It did not make sense with a 2 year old to spend over $10K fixing it up. Sure was fun to drive though. Pictures here. I bought it for $500, and sold it for $1000 after about 185 miles. It had been parked for 5 years in a yard, rusting the rockers in the grass. I put a fuel pump and spark plugs in it and it ran. The brake lines leaked in the back, and the rear main seal dumped oil on the exhaust, but it was cool.

My son currently owns a 2004 XJ8 so we have the big cat and the kitty wagon in the drive. I just so happens that my wife is in the pet sitting business, and this wagon is her work car, and perfect for carrying animals to the groomer. We have only had it a few days, so we are getting used to it and learning about the features, but like it a lot.

Thanks in advance for any help.
JC

Old 06-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Received 6,321 Likes on 5,508 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.
I'm glad to hear your wife is doing well.
The wagon should be ideal for the animals.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi there JC & welcome aboard Jaguarforums, good to have you here with us

Pics??The X typers will be happy to help

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 06-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks!

I appreciate that Jim. We just got the car over the weekend, and haven't had time with work to look in to things.

We took it to my regular non-dealer mechanic on Tuesday for a preliminary check. Real fair guy, that just converted my 1984 El Camino from a 350C transmission to a 200-4R so I have overdrive with the steeper rear gears I put in (before 2 back surgeries). I don't get as much 'Automotive Therapy" as I used to get, although I still spend as much time in the garage as I can get.

The X-type has a leaking front pinion seal. We saw some fluid on the driveway, and it wasn't oil. Too stinky. I picked up a seal for him at the dealership for $17 and change, and we're in the process of getting it in to him to install. Other than that, it got a clean bill of health. He warned me that there may be electrical problems in the dash on this model. We'll hope he doesn't see mine for that.

I'll be looking over the drip area, and getting pics when I have another day off on Sunday. Supposed to be sunny through then. Cindy has already washed it again..... black car.... looks great, shows every spot.
JC

Last edited by johncgg; 06-06-2012 at 05:25 AM. Reason: add link
Old 06-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  19.3 KB

JC.... thanks for the info.
You got a great car and one thats been in production for more than a few years so the bug bears have mostly been worked out AND are usually well documented here + the added benefit of some really cool and knowledgable people here too.

Consider us family JC
See you around