New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

new guy

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy

Hi guys, my name is Dean, I do not own a Jag, but i do work at a Jaguar dealership in the parts department. I thought this site may contain helpful info from time to time so i decided to join up.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

welcome Dean! Always a pleasure to have dealership employees on our site. IMO, that is a very wise decision to learn as much about your vehicles on your lot and in your showroom; having the knowledge of 'common' issues or understanding a particular vehicles strengths and its accolades to a potential customer. The progression of a particular model's history, as it was developed, refined, improved, altered aesthetically and mechanically, will only increase you confidence as you answer customer's questions. I hope the information you gain from here will aid in your position. The search function takes a little while to master, but if you find yourself not finding your answers within older threads, then feel free to just ask in a new one.

Enjoy the forums!

Old 12-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome Dean,

Good to have you aboard, I guess you work at the North end of Scottsdale road?

Old 12-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey Dean, welcome to the site, good to have you here with us

This is one of the friendliest Jaguar forums around with some great techs onboard, knowledgable members, good solid info as well as a few laughs here n there too.

I've upgraded you too full forum access so you can better view all the sites features........Jump right in and enjoy.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome, Dean29: Boy do we welcome you to this forum! You are in a position to answer a host of questions that arise about parts availability and interchange. I cringe to think how you may personally react to so many (but not all!) posts taking authorized Jag dealers (sometimes cynically referring to them as '*******s') to task for a varity of reasons. But don't dispair: I cannot recall one single post complaining about their experience with any person in any Jag parts department. We all know genuine Jag parts are expensive. Many on this forums are hobbist Jag owners on a limited budget who need to save every possible buck or give give it up.

Bottom line: This forum needs you far more than uninformed members like me. So please do plunge right in and post often. Again, Welcome!

Old 12-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Welcome Dean. Good call on your part. At least you'll know what parts you'll need to stock up on depending on the season. X-type prop shafts and o-rings in the cold and XK top hydraulics in the spring...

Old 12-15-2010, 04:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Hello, welcome enjoy your stay

Old 12-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the warm welcome guys! I guess i can open up a little more about who I am. I work at Jaguar North Scottsdale and I am master certified in Jaguar parts. I just celebrated my 10th year working for this company and very proud to be a part of the Penske corporation. I have fairly good knowledge of the the 98 and newer Jags, as that is what we mostly work on here. If you have any parts questions Ill try to answer them as soon as possible. Thanks again

Old 12-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by dean29
thanks for the warm welcome guys! I guess i can open up a little more about who I am. I work at Jaguar North Scottsdale and I am master certified in Jaguar parts. I just celebrated my 10th year working for this company and very proud to be a part of the Penske corporation. I have fairly good knowledge of the the 98 and newer Jags, as that is what we mostly work on here. If you have any parts questions Ill try to answer them as soon as possible. Thanks again
Jag North Scottsdale! That's where I got my Kitty. A big "hello" to Gavin if he's still around there.