New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

The New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011 | 01:42 PM
|
Default The New Guy

Greetings to all of you. I recently purchased a 2002 Jaguar xk8 convertible. I drove it home with the top down (because I could) even though it was really cold outside.

There are a couple of things I need to do to the vehicle. It has condensation in one of the headlights, so I need to deal with that (there has been some good discussion in this forum about this problem). Also, there is the problem with no front license plate (another popular issue). Finally, there is a need to purchase a boot cover. So, I have already gain a lot of benefits by reading the posts on this forum. Thanks to all of you for that.

James

Old 02-21-2011 | 02:43 PM
Veteran Member

Nice to see you James, welcome to the forum. I 100% agree, if you can drop the roof, do it.

Back in 80, I had a rag top Spitfire.

Took the then GF for a run over the mountains in the Lake District of England on New Years day. Top down.

Long story short, the mountains still make me happy.

Old 02-21-2011 | 02:56 PM
Default James, James, James - Big Welcome

OK Guys and Gals, be nice to this guy. If you saw my posts about the 2002 BRG 'vert for sale, this is the new owner. I have to be nice to him because he sits about 6 feet from me 8 hours per day. He's also making a trip to the Mother Country this summer, and if I need some of those parts that are only available over there, I need to be civil to him at least until then. Actually, he is a delightful guy, and I've been telling him that as a new XK8er he really needs to get on this forum. He's already looking for info, so maybe one of you Mods or JimC64 can give him special dispensation on forum rights. Naw, on second thought, make him work for them like we did.

Anyway, welcome aboard, James.

Happy Jagin'

Old 02-21-2011 | 03:18 PM
Veteran Member

That's great, shouldn't worry too much about permissions and all that.

But we do need a pic of your office car park, 2xXK8 and an XJ8 has to be a decent opportunity.

Old 02-21-2011 | 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Translator
That's great, shouldn't worry too much about permissions and all that.

But we do need a pic of your office car park, 2xXK8 and an XJ8 has to be a decent opportunity.
Problem is, we need to pry the XK8 away from James' wife. I keep mine moderately happy with the XJ8, but when the weather gets better, even she starts pouting if I don't leave the convertible for her.

Sigh - - - Beautiful women can be such high maintenance.

Old 02-21-2011 | 05:05 PM

Welcome to the forum James,

You have to admire a man who prefers style over comfort! Keep that top down.

Old 02-23-2011 | 08:57 AM
Gus
Veteran Member

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.