New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New here

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012 | 06:13 PM
|
Default New here

Hello all,
I'm new here and just want to introduce myself. My name is Harald and I live in Germany.
In 2010, I bought my first Jaguar, a 1992 Daimler Six (XJ40 4 Litre). It really was a pretty nice and good car - but anyway I decided last year to upgrade and found a 1995 Daimler Double Six (X300, SWB), black with light interior. In spite of low mileage there was quite a lot to fix (brakes, differential, steering) and to replace (tires, radiator, a/c dryer and condenser etc).
Now that the car is in a reliable shape and only some minor issues are left (such as clock display and 'NOT CONT' problem on the radio - both will be solved in the near future due to Jos Raven's description how to fix on his site mraven.com) I found this fantastic forum, a really interesting and helpful site. I hope that some day I can help the members with my experiences that I have gathered in the past years.

Old 08-01-2012 | 06:18 PM

Hello, Harald!

Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You're surrounded by a terrific group of people here, thats for sure.

I look forward to reading your contributions and viewing pictures of the 95 DDS.

The following users liked this post:
basco1987 (08-02-2012)
Old 08-01-2012 | 06:18 PM

Welcome to the forum Harald,

Good to have you with us.
I expect you have found the X300 tech section, if not here is a link XJ X300 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Enjoy the forum!

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

basco1987 (08-02-2012)
Old 08-01-2012 | 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey Harald & welcome aboard, good to have you here with us

Please post up pics when you can and show her off some.
How to: Post pictures
How To Add Pictures In Your Messages

Also, please drop in and visit the regional section for your area, there are lots of members local to you with the same interests.

Some have meets and events planned and its a good way to get to know your neighbour with a Cat
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

basco1987 (08-02-2012)
Old 08-01-2012 | 06:42 PM
GGG

Welcome to the forum Harald,

Daimler 66 is a beautiful car - we must see pics.

Follow Norri's link to the X300 section for help and advice.

As Jim mentioned, we also have Regional sections. Follow this link Europe - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the European section.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Graham

basco1987 (08-02-2012)
Old 08-02-2012 | 03:39 PM
|

Thank you all for the welcome!
Adding a pic of the cat to the signature is a good idea and I've done so.
I'm very busy, so time is rare at present and I will explore all the features of the forum step by step.
Best, Harald