New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New here - just saw the intro section!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013 | 03:16 PM
|
Default New here - just saw the intro section!

Hey all...

It looks like I've inherited the task of helping move my dad's '66 XKE 2+2 on to a new owner. No, he hasn't passed, but he's thinning his herd, so to speak. The problem, however, is that this car is a complete basketcase, and it's been that way for the nearly 40 years I've been on this earth.

The car is basically a rolling chassis with various other parts spread out here and there. Neither of us has the time or will to round everything up and put it back together, so Dad and I have agreed that this is basically a parts car. We'd like to sell the whole thing as one lot, but would be willing to part out some of it.

A little history...
Dad bought it in about 1970 and used it as a daily driver for a few years. By the time he got it, the original drivetrain had already been replaced. Instead of a 4.2/automatic, the car had a 3.8 and a 4-speed. After a few years, and more than a few nagging problems, apparently, he decided to take the car apart, get it all sorted, paint it, reassemble it, and put it back on the road. However, he started a business, then I came along, so the Jag went on the back burner. For as long as I can remember, the car sat under a cover and the bonnet hung from the rafters above. Along the way, he collected several more project/fun cars, and the Jag got pushed further and further back in a dark corner. I inherited the car bug, and I've got several pets of my own that need attention. My mom has been a saint to put up with both of us over the years... seriously.

Anyhow, that's my introduction here. If anyone has any advice or interest in the car, please let know. Thanks!

Old 11-19-2013 | 07:06 PM
Veteran Member

Hey there and welcome aboard ....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or looking for General info about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........

See you in the forums....

Old 11-19-2013 | 07:32 PM

welcome to the forum - Plenty of info and support here and I'm sure some definite interest in the E-type.

Old 11-19-2013 | 10:21 PM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums rickorwig
Good to have you with us.
You have found the tech section, someone will have some advice for you there, try and check your regional section also Southwest US - AZ TX NM OK - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

The following users liked this post:
rickorwig (11-20-2013)
Old 11-20-2013 | 02:22 AM
GGG

Welcome to the forum rickorwig,

Good to have you here with us at Jaguar Forums.

Sorry to hear the XKE has to go but I'm sure three will be plenty of interest in taking on the project.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 11-20-2013 | 04:02 PM

Rick, we have a dedicated for sale section for members however it requires a min post count before you can use it for sale posts in other sections are discouraged especially from brand new members.
I expect we should have made that clear earlier, I've deleted your other posts for this reason, perhaps you can join in the other discussions until you are able to access the classified area?

Old 11-20-2013 | 05:46 PM
|

What is the minimum post count? I understand this is the norm on some internet forums. I wish that was made clear before I was directed toward the regional section...

Also, without having future posts deleted, how may I go about finding out what my Jag is worth and whether or not I should part it out or sell it whole? Please advise, as this is the sole reason I joined the forum. My apologies, but I'm just being honest.

Last edited by rickorwig; 11-20-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2013 | 05:55 PM
GGG

Originally Posted by rickorwig
What is the minimum post count? ................
Minimum requirements for full forum privileges are 10 Posts and 3 Days membership.

Members with less than a 5 Post count AND registered on the forum for less than 10 Days are not allowed to post in the Classified sections.

Graham