New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New here... Not a jag owner just yet... Help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here... Not a jag owner just yet... Help?

Hi all,

A little background about myself is that I purchased a 2011 BMW M3 coupe for myself, and am now in the market for a Jaguar for my parents. They're about to retire so I'd want this to be something really nice. They showed more interest in Jaguar than other makes so a Jaguar it is.

The XJ seems a little too "long" for their likings, but looking at the XF, it could be a perfect match. Also when showing them pictures, they took more interest in the XF. Since they're not looking for power, I'd rather just opt for the base model.

I guess where my help is needed the most is, where should I look for one? Are there any preferred dealerships? I don't want to make the same mistake I made on my M3 and missing out on a really great dealer who could've saved me $2k. Do they offer something similar to BMW's European Delivery where we can shave off a few thousands to pick it up at the headquarters? If someone can direct me into the right subforum as well, that'd be great. Thanks, looking forward to the responses.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

It sounds like the XF could fit the bill.

You'll find the XF section here -

XF and XFR ( X250 ) - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I'm sure the guys will help you out with info.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,008 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard the forum, great to have you with us here at JF

I see Norri has included the link for you, all good.
Once in that section please post up yourquestion as a new thread.....It will get much better responses there, or try in the regional section for your area for local expertise!

Looks like you're serious about cars and with that post count a forum veteran for sure.
Great intro, with loads of info about you, lots of pics, always good too.

My guess is the guys will point you to the STR.....There are quick FAQ link threads in both the X and S section crammed full of info too, worth a look

There really are some amazing and friendly guys here....you're in really good company to discuss anything Jag related or have a few laughs!

A really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features

All the best