New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Jag Guy - not entirely thrilled

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Jag Guy - not entirely thrilled

Hi All,
I thought I would drop a note to say "Hi". I am a new Jag owner from Long Island, NY. I recently sold my 2003 M3 and purchased a 2011 XF. Yes...quite different from the M3...not better, just different. So far, I have mixed feelings about the XF. I love the look of the car, the power that it has, and the beautiful and comfortable interior, but I am so far disappointed due to some of the problems I've had already. And trust me, I am not a whiner, but within the first 2 weeks, I had some sensor problems which falsely indicated the door was open.

Also, for the past few weeks, the car no longer holds a connection to my Blackberry or iPhone. After a few minutes, i get a message that the device disconnected, I simply press "reconnect" and I am good for another few minutes, then it disconnects again. This gets annoying. Interestingly, it never disconnects while I am talking on it.

I was very impressed with the snow tire program that Jag has and was sure I would take advantage of that. And as many of you know, we have had ridiculous weather here on the east coast. So I called the dealer to have my tires swapped for snow tires, only to be recommeded not to by the service manager. She said it really didnt help and made the ride less comfortable. So I took her advice. Then the storms hit! Next thing you know, I am sliding backwards on the Lond Island Expressway completely out of control. By some miracle, I got out of it unscathed.

Finally, I now have a Low Brake Pads warning that displays everytime I start the car, which I have to clear. The car has less than 5K miles on it....another bad sensor, so back to the dealer.

I bought a new car in hopes of eliminating the nagging issues I was starting to have with my 2003 M3...to no avail.

I remain hopeful, however that these are just getting kinks out and that I will grow to love this car too. Anyone experienced these similar issues? Thanks in advance!!

Old 02-06-2011, 04:28 PM
ud
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Welome and sorry to hear about the issues. Personally I would be looking for a new place for service on the idiot advice the service lady gave you about snow tires. Given your location you can't get by with summer only tires in the winter. Sure there is some trade offs with winter tires but so long as you use them when the weather turns cold and take them off as soon as it starts to warm up it is a much safer set up. My XJR is nearly unstoppable in snow and ice with 6 year old Alpines on 'em. Scary as hell without them. Sure they are louder, handle like crap and braking is noticably less but safer all around for sure.

Post up over on the XF forum and hopefully you'll get a little help assitance.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Received 6,339 Likes on 5,524 Posts

Welcome to the forum NJG,

Hopefully these are just glitches and you will get it as you want it soon.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,214 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules.

Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome to the forum.......Good to have you here onboard one of the friendliest sites around.

Sorry to hear bout your issues and hope they get reolved ASAP
Jump in and enjoy everything thats going on....there's usually plenty in all sections.

I hope we may be able to help and offer some suggestions /help as needed
In the meantime I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can access all the sites features

Old 02-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

new jag guy, which LI dealership are you using?

Old 02-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by FirehawkMike
new jag guy, which LI dealership are you using?
$5 bet it is North Bay Jaguar Cadillac Hummer - they are total criminals - read this for a much worse horror story at North Bay: http://www.cadillac-catera.com