New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

new Jag owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012 | 07:27 PM
|
Default new Jag owner

Hello, I purchased a 2003 X-type in November 2011 with 41000 miles. I have mixed feelings with the car but overall I am pleased with it. It has the automatic Sport transmission, 17" wheels, silver on black.

The interior is quite impressive with an excellent sound system and comfortable seats. Trunk space is fantastic. The ride is pleasant on smooth drives, however bumps & cracks on the road are very noticable. I suspect the lower profile height of 245 is the cause.

The AWD is fantastic as I was very impressed with handling, stability & braking in the snow.

I'll be using this car as a daily driver. My other (fun) cars are a '83 Mercedes Benz 380SL & a '79 Ferrari 308GTS

I have already found many informative facts and fixes from this forum and am looking forward to a great membership.

Old 01-06-2012 | 03:37 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum.

Nice little collection you have there.

Why the mixed feelings?

Old 01-06-2012 | 05:44 AM

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.

Old 01-06-2012 | 06:49 PM
|
Default mixed feeings

Originally Posted by Translator
Welcome to the forum.

Nice little collection you have there.

Why the mixed feelings?
I love the lines of the Xtype, the exceptional interior, well appointed with great options from auto wipers to power moon roof & heated seats. The handling is excellent and the 2.5 litre is peppy enough for my use. I am pleased with the compliments that I receive from people re: the Jag.

The ride is a little harder than expected, the fine filament wire defroster in the front windscreen is very distracting. It is like looking through a window with a screen in front of it. Can't get the blue tooth/phone to work on the audio system. The audio manual is not helpul at all. The official Jag site gave me some codes to program the phone, but it doesn't work. The engine makes some odd noises that come & go.

But don't get me wrong, I am very happy with the car. We show up at events with class and get a little more respect than the guy with the Civic. I can address the small quirky issues when time permits & the weather is warmer. This is going to be a great winter car for me here in Canada. The AWD & heated seats are brilliant !! Bring on the snow.

Old 01-06-2012 | 11:25 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey there JagXster, Welcome, great to have you with us ....
Glad that you found your way here with your X type.
No pics???..............
The X type is an awesome car....AWD is top notch!

Looks like you have a really nice stable....share the pics

There really are some amazing and friendly guys here....you're in really good company to discuss anything Jag related or have a few laughs!

A really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun
I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features jump on in and enjoy