New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Jag owner in MN

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New Jag owner in MN

Hello all,

It's a funny story how I ended up with my XJ, which I have found to be a superb vehicle. I purchased a Range Rover Sport S/C earlier this year and had quite a bit of trouble with it. I experienced two catastrophic electrical failures which generated dozens of scrolling error messages accompanied by transmission failure and loss of engine power. This was finally traced to a frayed wire harness under the passenger floor. Then, the air suspension developed a leak - this caused the vehicle to lean to one side all the while the leak generated a loud "pssssssttt" every 10 seconds. This turned out to be a rather elusive problem for the service department and was never fully fixed. I lost all confidence in the vehicle, and always felt that something else was going to fail. The wiring problem, while fixed, scared the crap out of me and I never stopped wondering if I'd lose power again when I needed to get out of the way of an approaching semi.

After almost two months of shop time, I managed to arrange a lemon law exchange for the Jaguar. To their credit, the dealership bent over backwards and gave me full MSRP value for the RR. I even received a slight discount on the Jaguar, which had caught my eye from the day it arrived at the dealership.

The XJ is a totally different vehicle from the RR and I just love it. I had 4 different XFs during the two months the RR was in the shop, and was very impressed with the brand. I must admit I miss the RR in deep snow, and the 510 hp was rather intoxicating. I don't miss the 15 mpg (combined) and am getting almost 25 mpg in the XJ (combined). I'm currently waiting for a set of winter wheels/tires/TPMS from the dealer, and actually found the best pricing not to be with OEM Jaguar wheels but with BBS wheels the dealer sourced for me. The dealer recommended Blizzak LM60 tires, which I think will be fine. I've had both the software update and roof fix applied, and am very, very happy with this car.

Now I'm sure there have to be other XJ owners here in snowy MN but I have yet to see another one on the road!

Old 11-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Welcome Barmats. That was a good story. Sorry about the RR S/C but looks like you still have a very interesting stable of vehicles and the XJ will be an awesome addition.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Welcome, I am sorry to hear about your RR problems actually I presumed those were rock solid in every mechanical aspects
Anyway, congrats on your Jag but Jaguar is a better choice in some ways

Old 11-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcom Beermats,

I'm sure you will have better luck with the Jag.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome to the forum barmats, great to have you here with us
A nice intro full of info and a great story as to how you got your Jag.

Please check out the regional section / off topic area and detailing section too........always plenty going on, some great info, top members and excellent tech help as well as a few laughs here n there....all good!

I've upgraded you to full forum access so you can enjoy all the sites features, so post away till your hearts content.......maybe a few pics?

Old 11-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!