New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New to Jaguars

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Jaguars

I have been reading your forum for a while. I am trying to help my friend sell her 1987 xis cabriolet thought I might get some good tips on here as how to market it best.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:17 PM
GGG
Received 16,867 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum erickatatum,

Good to have you here with us at Jaguar Forums.

With any Jaguar, one of the most important factors is history. Get as much supporting documentation as possible on the vehicle. Service records, major repairs, previous owners. Be realistic about value. A 26 year old vehicle can be anywhere between a total restoration job and concours.

It sounds like you've already found your way to the tech forum but if not, follow this link XJS - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XJS forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

You can also visit the US Western Region forum by following this link Western US - AK CA NV OR UT HI WA ID - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums and good luck with the sale.

Graham

Old 12-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Received 4,326 Likes on 3,736 Posts

welcome to the forum and the Jag family!! plenty of info and support here simply follow the links Graham has provided. Enjoy!

Old 12-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Received 6,339 Likes on 5,524 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums erickatatum,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 12-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks so much

Thank you so much to everyone who commented on my post. I have become obsessed with learning about this car. It does not really have to much history to research my girlfriend bought it in 1987 with less than 1000 miles on it and now only has 57,700 and she has been the only owner. She has all the service records and dilagently stay up on the service. She said it came from a dealership in Birmingham Alabama that was owned by Bart Starr . I haven't been able to find any documentation of this yet. She purchased it from dealership in Walnut Creek Calif. ( San Fran area ) in 1987.

I will be sure to add car details to my signature . And add some photos too

Thanks Again

Old 12-11-2013, 02:30 AM
GGG
Received 16,867 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by erickatatum
.......... It does not really have to much history to research my girlfriend bought it in 1987 with less than 1000 miles on it and now only has 57,700 and she has been the only owner. She has all the service records and dilagently stay up on the service. ............
That's EXACTLY the information needed for compiling the service history.

She has what is essentially a one owner vehicle. With all the bills and receipts arranged in chronological order, this is the background Jaguar buyers are looking for.

I have a maintenance summary sheet with columns for Date, Mileage, Service Schedule and Shop and file all the bills to prove it. Done this for years with every car I've owned. Never fails to impress buyers, makes for an easier sale and usually gets me an advantage on the deal.

Graham

Old 12-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........

See you in the forums....