New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New to JF - Just bought 1st Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts
Default RE: New to JF - Just bought 1st Jaguar

Hi and welcome
Nice car, I'd keep the stock audio

Old 06-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good choice in car, looks great too. Welcome aboard.

I cant help you with the upgrade questions - sorry.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Welcome dirtylawyer (i know, I added the y, made it sound more abusive...lol) and hope you love the new coupe.

If the systems in the older ones are as difficult to replace as the newer models, here is what I recommend (because it is what I did, suprised??)

I kept the head unit, and had a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2 installed - basically it's a signal processor that has a 32-band eq, fully customizablehigh-low crossovers for both a front and rear channel (EQ on both the front and rear too), level (gain) adjustment for each speaker (L and R) plus it has a 10-band subwoofer eq & crossover on it - all adjusted thru your pda via bluetooth (or a clunky laptop). Now that's cool! The 3sixty allows you to create another input signal too, that was for my MP3 player using a standard headphone jack. You can read more about that processor online, and it is the best option for the money out there right now. You, of course have to pick up some amps, and I chose a 60Wx4 amp (it's bridged for my components in the front) and a 2-channel bridged amp, at about 100Wx2 to run my mid-bass (subs) in the rear (both PLENTY of power). I don't know if the coupes are any different, but that's all I had to drive. I attempted a powered 10" in the trunk, but unless you opened the trunk, you honestly couldn't hear any bass...barely recognizable!!! Apparently, jag did such a great job with sound dampening material in the convertible and ruined my chance for some really really low bass. Like I said, the coupe may be less likely to deaden a sub in the trunk, but that would help out a ton if you could install one, any one you choose. Because of my lack of a powered sub option in the rear, i did the best that I could (without tearing out the rear seats for a custom box) and replaced my Alpine mid-bass speakers with the JL Audio 6-1/2" subs. Not bad on the 'bump' side, but could use just a little more oomph. All of the amps and signal processor are mounted in the trunk behind the rear seats (where the gas tank is) but my installers were really good and mounted some plywood back there before starting up with the screws. It takes up very little space in the trunk afterwards. I have some pictures if you would like at home, otherwise I'd have posted them tonight. Let me know if you would like to see what I did and if you have any additional questions about my setup.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  6.3 KB

Hey dirtlawyer...........nice car mate and welcome to the forum.

Nice useful info from h20 I thought.

Jim