New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Joiner

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 02:50 AM
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
Smile New Joiner

Hi Forumisters

I am a belated forum joiner as I have been an owner and an addict of Jaguar cars for the padt 12 years!

My introduction to Jaguar started in 2000 when I purchased a blue-colour, tan interior S-Type 3.0 V6 model. I was only 28 years old then, being one of the first South African S-Type owners which was an extremely rare to see on the roads! Of course with this limitation, and also due to South Africa as a whole only having 6 dealerships in total, thiscatapulted me to royalty status, having been a Japanese slave of screaming and thirsty Mazdas for 6 years prior to the Jag purchase.

Like a spoilt member of the royalty, I wanted my chariot to be pulled by more horses so I can explore my kingdom and its riches. 3 years later, this beast was replaced with another brand new 4.2 V8 platinum coloured,black interior beast! The smile on my face was permanently on for days without end, and I was soon developing dictatorship tendencies, no longer the nice royal family member good enough for waving the hand nicely to my "subjects" in admiration.

3 years later I became an absolute emperor on my purchase of X350 XJR charcoal exterior! The Xenons made the beast look menacing and as if it was drugged and rearing to devour whatever crossed its path! Indeed the beast did that, the whining supercharger was my drug, and I was soon addicted to flooring the car so much that 30,000KM later, I had 2 sets of all 4 tires replaced! Since I was not a true emperor in the sense that I was not receiving taxes from my subjects, but I was a salaried mere mortal, sanity prevailed and I started enjoying low speed cruising.

By then I was married for 4 years and my first born son was 2 years old. Wisdom reasoned with me that my actual priced jewels were unsafe cruising around in Japanese screamers, and I surprised my madam and son with their own X-Type 2.2 Diesel Estate, silver coloured exterior with grey interior. Happiness prevailed in our household and it was manifested by the introduction of our second and last born son!

My beast is now 208,000KM and 9 years old. She is generally well, save for suffering from a hip replacement (in the form of 2 front air suspension shocks), a minor cough (2 catalytic converters), minor colds and flus and throat infections (2 water pipes, resevoir tanks, water pump, fuel pressure valve).

You'll notice that I haven't bought anything yet. My emperor instincts haven't diminished. This time Wisdom is my leader and she tells me to sort out tax collection in abundance and for a long period before I could venture again into being a benevolent dictator again. I have since stopped earning salaries and am now paying salaries and my business is fairly young, and if it does extremely well, I'll visit the safari (dealership) to check how, now with genetic modification, the new beast behave!

Thank you for reading my story.

Seth, Joburg, South Africa, X350 XJR owner

Old 08-04-2012, 02:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Seth,
Thanks for a fascinating intro and a warm welcome to this friendly forum.
This
XJ ( X350 & X358 ) XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
is your personal and private sub-forum where (once you have the Moderators in chains)
you may reign supreme!
Good luck

The following users liked this post:
Seth (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 05:17 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Seth,

Great Intro. I should have waited to read it through before working out 'jhb' location for myself!

Hope you're enjoying the X350 and your planned safari for a new big cat is successful.

Follow this link XJ ( X350 & X358 ) XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum for help and advice.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Graham

Seth (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Received 6,311 Likes on 5,498 Posts

Welcome to the forum Seth,

Good to have you with us.
Great intro, you have some great places for dfriving around your kingdom.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Seth (08-04-2012)