New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

NEW "KID"

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2024, 03:24 PM
Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Default NEW "KID"

Hello Everyone. My friends call me "CV" and I live about 2 hours outside Seattle area. And of course, I'm looking for a Jag (finally!). I've owned many different marques, but have always had a strong desire to own a Jag when the time was right. I've hung up my racing helmet and I'm ready for a GT car and I'm in love with XKR's. But would also consider an F type with a manual. When I've passed my "detention" period, I will post a Wanted thread. I know I'm not alone in the search, but I'll try to be patient (not my strong suit) and also keep my eye on the auction sites. I prefer a low mile coupe '07 to '10 for budget reasons but might stretch for a later model, especially in the case of a manual F Type. I look forward to joining the community as an owner and not just a fan. Cheers to all.
CV

Old 02-10-2024, 09:40 PM
Received 10,520 Likes on 6,949 Posts

Welcome to the Forums.

Old 02-10-2024, 11:12 PM
Received 3,968 Likes on 2,868 Posts

Welcome aboard CV.

Old 02-11-2024, 12:16 AM
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey. Welcome.A bit new myself. So what is your budget and what do you consider low miles? Can be a bit subjective, yeah? https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/SAJWA45C199B29623

I too would like something around this vintage in an XKR. Sort of doing an opposites thing. Been loving my '11 MINI Cooper for nearly a decade now, but want something on the other end of size for awhile. Are you able to do most work yourself or do you need folks to do the work for you? I have learned this seems to be the lynch pin when it comes to happy v. painful Jaguar ownership! (At least for those of us who are not Mr (and Mrs) Moneybags!

The following users liked this post:
DungenessJag (02-11-2024)
Old 02-11-2024, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,353 Likes on 5,433 Posts

Hello, CV,
I wish you success in your search for the Puurrrfect Jaguar!
Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 02-11-2024, 11:07 AM
Smile FLEXIBLE.

Originally Posted by tergitkerd
Hey. Welcome.A bit new myself. So what is your budget and what do you consider low miles? Can be a bit subjective, yeah? https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/SAJWA45C199B29623

I too would like something around this vintage in an XKR. Sort of doing an opposites thing. Been loving my '11 MINI Cooper for nearly a decade now, but want something on the other end of size for awhile. Are you able to do most work yourself or do you need folks to do the work for you? I have learned this seems to be the lynch pin when it comes to happy v. painful Jaguar ownership! (At least for those of us who are not Mr (and Mrs) Moneybags!
The last one I looked at was a 22k mile 2011 XKR Coupe that sold for 29,500 (plus 5% auction fee). That was in February and it was right in your neck of the woods. That's one I would now bid on because I'm more prepared. I'm still a little gun shy because I don't have a lot of experience doing my own wrenching, but I can handle general maintenance. I would look at sub 50k miles depending on how thorough the service records were and what had already been done. I will only drive the car 3 to 5k max miles per year. I have other cars I like for different reasons. Interestingly, I have a MINI, too. An '06 JCW/Checkmate combo (210 hp) that's pretty rare and I love it.( 39k miles) It's the last of the supercharged engines. It puts a grin on my face every time I drive it. If I need high strung intensity and a top down experience, I have a Honda S2000 with 30k on the clock that I bought when they were still cheap. I may sell that one to make room (and more budget) for the Jag. I would not sell the MINI unless I found another one I liked better and that's not an easy task. My "practical" (and newest) car is a 2010 Audi A6 Avant Prestige. I love those old wagons, but they too are not noted for cheap maintenance. It has 80k on the clock, but I have every scrap of service records from the original owner who always did what the dealer told him to do. So it was "over" maintained!
My ideal XKR would in the Western states and be sub 30k miles with a former fanatical owner who has already addressed known issues. If a dealer can't produce full records, I will pass on any car. I will buy a black car, but it's not my first choice. The only F Type I will consider is a bone stock, low mile V6 with manual transmission. I won't hold my breath on that. Most who own those are driving enthusiasts who put miles on them.
I didn't start out to write a novel, but there it is. My car story.
Good luck on your search as well. You're lucky, most of the low milers I've seen are on the East Coast. I probably can't justify bidding on those because enclosed shipping is ridiculous and I'm as far West as you can get. I'm curious what your parameters are for your search. If you are more DIY than I am, you would have a much broader selection to consider. I hope we don't end up competing against each other and driving up the price! :-)
Cheers!

Old 02-11-2024, 01:01 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums CV,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 02-11-2024, 02:38 PM
Smile No Car Yet!

Originally Posted by Norri
Welcome to Jaguar Forums CV,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help
LOL! I don't have a Jag yet, but will. I don't suppose you want my non-Jaguar cars shown, eh?
Cheers!

Old 02-11-2024, 02:50 PM
Received 4,304 Likes on 3,721 Posts

welcome to the forum - good luck in your search - enjoy!