New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New from Lexington, KY

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Lexington, KY

Hi Jaguarforum

My name is John Crocker from Lexington Ky. I have a 1985 XJ6 Vanden Plas. This car was purchased new by my parents and after sitting in storage for several years they notified me the car would be sold. I stopped them and grabed the car myself. I had logged many hours behind the wheel when i was much younger. This may have been a mistake. Storage had done its damage. I have already put a little over $10,000 getting the car back on the road. But, now im hooked. I still have some work to do. The ac does not work. I need another set of tires. The speedometer just went out 2 days ago and the stereo that was made in Louisville,Ky doesnt work to well and never did. The car only has a little over 85,000 miles, so i figure it has a long way to go. I have never been a mechanic so im always looking for some advice. This is now my daily car and hopefully will be for a long time.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:40 AM
Received 6,306 Likes on 5,494 Posts

Welcome to the forum John,

As the saying goes act in haste repent at leisure

Just joking, once you get all the niggles out you'll have a great car with years of memories.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard JF John, great to have you here with us.

Thanks for sharing your story....congrats on saving the car and keeping it in the family. There are some excellent guys here who will be able to helo save you $$$$ I'm sure.

Hope you enjoy the site.....

Loads going on, plenty of very friendly and helpful members as well as some excellent tech advice......all good!

In the meantime I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site

Old 08-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Glad to have you with us John!

Old 08-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,212 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com.

If you haven’t already you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for. To do this go to, User CP, Edit Signature, Add Vehicle Details and such and Save Your Signature.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Also, should you have questions related to your vehicle please post it in the section for your model year (MY) car. This way you will reach all the members that are familiar with your MY car.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the forum John. There are plenty of Jan fans on this site who should be able to help you if you need aid. Unfortunately for you and me, I am not one of them. Keep working on the Jag and maybe we will pass each other on I64 sometime soon. By the way my address is Louisville, but I bleed blue. I drieve mine daily also and I love every minute of it. I need to get a paint job next. Hopefully soon. Good Luck.