New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New-to-me X-Type 3.0 owner in Milwaukee area

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New-to-me X-Type 3.0 owner in Milwaukee area

Hello all!

Owner of a 2002 X-Type which is new to me. Always loved the Jaguar brand and always liked the X-Types. Black on black, auto and whatever package gave it a roof and backup sensors. Not entirely too sure how these cars were packaged out so maybe someone could chime in with what I have here

Love the car. It is nimble yet comfortable, has a decent sound system and draws questions about it. Which I honestly find odd but people seem to be Jaguar uneducated.

My experience with Jaguars goes back some 20 years from when I was in the car business and my good friend was a Jaguar nut for the XJS and the and the XJ6 and always with the Vanden Plas. I remember the night well when his girlfriend came out looking for us in the dealers XJS because we were out late drinking and she managed to ping png it off some trees on a river road that *I* just happened to drive up on after I had dropped him off. I pulled up, called my buddy and just then his girlfriend started walking towards me and I said "I think so-n-so wants to talk to you" and the conversation went something like this; "Yeah, I wrecked the car. In some trees. Coming to look for you.". She hands me the phone and he says "How bad is it". Just then they got done flipping it back up over and onto the road and I said "Well...the passenger side rear fender looks alright..."

She had braked too hard too late into a corner and that big V12 just dove into the ground bringing the *** end around...and well the rest you already know.

Anyway, thats my into. Looking forward to the wealth of info I am already discovering on this site.

Cheers!

Old 03-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Welcome aboard.