New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013 | 07:58 AM
|
Default New member

Hi. My name is Mick. Live in Perth Western Australia. I am a car enthusiast.

I am a Holden man but I got given a Jaguar from my uncle as a hand me down before he passed away.

It was a 1981 XJ6 6cyl auto with 107,047 on the clock wen I got it. I drove it for 6 months and really fell for this car. It was incredible to drive and purred with a beautiful sound.

Never missed a beat and still smelt new inside. I remember him picking us up wen we were young after asking him to pick us up in it so many times. he always said no but surprised us one day and picked us up from footy training.

We had to take our boots off and put them in a plastic bag and sit on a bed sheet so we wouldn't mark anything.

I drove it to a family Christmas lunch and got there late so had to park on the verge. We were doing the family thing wen we heard a ******** doin a burnout then we heard lock up skids and a bang.

I can remember thinking I hope my jags alright but I heard the alarm go off and then slowly fade quieter but still going . We all ran out the front and seen a Nissan skyline smashed in the neighbours front yard and to my horror my jag about 30 meters down the road smashed up.

I won't say wot happened next but u can figure it out. It was written off. Insured? yes.

I still would like to own another but the times not right yet. Hopefully Santa will drop off one for me lol. I did own another, a 77 model but sold it shortly after joining this forum.

Cheers
Mick

Last edited by JimC64; 09-04-2013 at 09:32 AM. Reason: PLEASE CREATE LINE BREAKS
Old 09-04-2013 | 09:05 AM
GGG

Welcome to the forum Mick,

Good to have you here with us at Jaguar forums.

What a sad end to a car you'd had in the family for so long. Best Wishes getting a replacement for Christmas!

You can also visit the Australia / New Zealand Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/australia-new-zealand-51/ to find other members in your part of the World.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 09-04-2013 | 09:33 AM
Veteran Member

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the search
facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.

Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........

See you in the forums....

Old 09-04-2013 | 10:06 AM

Welcome to the forum Mick,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 09-04-2013 | 03:58 PM

welcome to the forum - sorry to hear of your Jag's demise but a replacement soon awaits. Enjoy the forum and happy searching for a replacement

Old 09-04-2013 | 04:14 PM

Welcome to the forum Mick. That's a sad story about what happened to your uncles Jag.

There are a couple of blokes here on the forum from WA. Good luck with the search for a new ride.