New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013 | 03:24 PM
|
Default New Member

Hi peeps.
I'm Greg. In the past had an XJ12.
My parents had a mk2 3'4 and a mk10.
I currently have a 1998 xk8 in Lamborghini Orange.

Old 09-13-2013 | 03:30 PM
Veteran Member

Sounds great Greg,
You will be most welcome here, glad to have you onboard and hope to see your fine XK8 soon, I haven't seen that colour and the guys and gals here are great for advice and support,, Happy Days! Stu

Old 09-13-2013 | 04:48 PM
|

Thank you Stu.
I've had a look around already and it's a very informative site.
I've just uploaded a couple of pics :-)

Old 09-13-2013 | 05:30 PM
GGG

Welcome to the forum Greg,

Good to have you here with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow this link XK8 / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XK8/XKR forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the UK Region forum by following this link UK - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in this country.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 09-13-2013 | 05:50 PM

Welcome to the forum Greg,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 09-13-2013 | 06:14 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome Greg! Was that the one on eBay last month? If so you got a great deal in my opinion. Post up some photos soon.

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (09-16-2013)
Old 09-13-2013 | 06:27 PM
|

Thank you for the welcom GGG and Norri. I have just updated my signature

Old 09-13-2013 | 06:29 PM
|

Originally Posted by Cat Man Do
Welcome Greg! Was that the one on eBay last month? If so you got a great deal in my opinion. Post up some photos soon.
Thanks Cat man do.
Yes it is the one on Ebay last month. I got a very good deal for cash :-)

Old 09-13-2013 | 06:37 PM
GGG

Originally Posted by Gregfromuk
Thanks Cat man do.
Yes it is the one on Ebay last month. I got a very good deal for cash :-)
It's already had a starring role in XK8/XKR forum:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...uk-ebay-98891/

Keeping the colour?

Graham

Old 09-13-2013 | 07:00 PM
|

Originally Posted by GGG
It's already had a starring role in XK8/XKR forum:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...uk-ebay-98891/

Keeping the colour?

Graham
It's a martmite colour that's for sure. I see one member has described it as a 'tarts handbag' hehe. Life would be boring if we all liked the same things.
I obviously love the colour and think it really suits the car and have already had lots of compliments. Unpersonalised cars aren't really my thing. It runs faultlessly (shouldn't say that out loud) The interior is not an issue as that is what I do for a living. Oh, and managed to get it for half of what he originally wanted :-)

Old 09-13-2013 | 07:06 PM

welcome to the forum

Gregfromuk (09-13-2013)
Old 09-13-2013 | 07:09 PM
GGG

It's had a lot of money spent on it to upgrade the bodywork so you got a good deal.

Colour is subjective and as long as you like it, that's all that counts. It has to be the most theft resistant car in the country. No car thief in their right mind would take something that distinctive!

Graham

Old 09-13-2013 | 07:16 PM
|

Originally Posted by GGG
It's had a lot of money spent on it to upgrade the bodywork so you got a good deal.

Colour is subjective and as long as you like it, that's all that counts. It has to be the most theft resistant car in the country. No car thief in their right mind would take something that distinctive!

Graham
I was thinking the exact same thing! hehe. I will also have no trouble finding it no matter how big the car park.
Thank you for the welcome :-)

Old 09-15-2013 | 06:53 PM
Veteran Member

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the search
facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.

Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........

See you in the forums....

Gregfromuk (09-16-2013)
Old 09-16-2013 | 05:08 AM
Veteran Member

Hi Greg,
It's YOURJAGUAR and I think it is quite unique and indeed a Lovely car, the paintwork looks good and very different and if you like it that's more important plus I like the wheels too.
Good on you, and happy adventures to you!! Stu

Gregfromuk (09-16-2013)
Old 09-16-2013 | 01:29 PM
|

Thanks Stu.
I'm loving it and can't wait for the summer to come back :-)
Greg

Stuart Beattie (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013 | 05:10 AM
Veteran Member

I can understand that Greg,
Here in Bonnie Scotland the weather is changing now and the wind has been up for 2 or 3 days, it actually gets quite depressing thinking about winter here but hey, the Jag always meets my expectations thanks to the awesome all wheel drive.
Are you gonna be garaged up then? My X type is an all rounder and sadly my only car just now so she'll have to brave the highland onslaught in the coming weeks and months, yep bring summer back, that's a deffo (definately!!!) Stu

Old 09-17-2013 | 12:43 PM
|

Originally Posted by Stuart Beattie
I can understand that Greg,
Here in Bonnie Scotland the weather is changing now and the wind has been up for 2 or 3 days, it actually gets quite depressing thinking about winter here but hey, the Jag always meets my expectations thanks to the awesome all wheel drive.
Are you gonna be garaged up then? My X type is an all rounder and sadly my only car just now so she'll have to brave the highland onslaught in the coming weeks and months, yep bring summer back, that's a deffo (definately!!!) Stu
I've got it under a showerproof cover at the moment Stu but will buy a waterproof one in a couple of weeks. I was going to build a car port but I might have left it too late now, maybe in the summer. Luckily it's not my only car.
I bet you need that all wheel drive! and also have some amazing scenery in the winter months? We don't really get extreme weather conditions here in Cambridgeshire;-/

Old 09-17-2013 | 04:08 PM
Veteran Member

You're pretty lucky in the South although it seems to hit the fan when you do get it in the extreme Greg. In Scotland the weather is a bain, but take today for example, it was howling a gale earlier this morning then it was brilliant sunshine in the late afternoon. I'm off to Dunfermline tomorrow for an 90 mile round trip so I'm hoping it will be nice. Around here is beautiful, you'll have to pop up some time but make sure I've got a job before you arrive as I like a heavy wallet to get a round in!! ha ha. It is beautiful though and I can't compliment my AWD enough with the back roads and farm roads round here but it's great for a spin!! Greg, have you had your baby treated in any way, it may help with winter on the horizon soon. I've just auto glymmed mine with the bodywork preserver, it takes a lot of elbow to get a nice poish but once it's on, it's not such a stress as at least the paint is protected anyway carry on the good vibe mate, Best Wishes, Stu

Old 09-17-2013 | 04:27 PM

Crazy color, with what interior?

Quick Reply: New Member