New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 10:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Member

Hi To All,
I just became a member today.

I've been a Jag lover since I read the story "Green Helmet" when I was a kid.

A note here; am not a purist, so don't beat me up over that.

I've been a Hot Rodder since I was five when one drove in our driveway up in Massachusetts. I was ruined.

When I was 19, in the mid 60's, I built and drove for 40k mi an injected Hemi powered T Roadster, (pictured)
I sold it for $2500 in 1973, and bought my first E-Type, a '67 Convert in shabby condition, and brought it back to life and better. I have a photo of it somewhere.

Wish I had them both back, I miss them. I had a shop here in NC in the late 70's and early 80's that dealt with Jags, and Lamborghinis mostly.
Had a dozen vintage Jags of all types up to '76 back then.

My favorite Jag of course was the '67.

The favorite Lambo is the Espada, and I have a black '70 European, the 11th and plan to keep this one. Recently picked up a well worn and well damaged '86 XJS and pulled the engine and auto trans out of it.

The plan is to strip it down past the bare essentials, and use it as a mule to fit my new EFI 12 stack intakes on it, which is what I do for a living. I'll post pictures of what I'm starting with and the progress.

It's going to have a 36 Chevy Pickup built around the complete running gear.

There have been several cars, or 'Rat Rods' built with a Jag V12 in them but really haven't done them justice. Merely dropping in one with carbs on it and nothing else is not interesting.

This is an opportunity to do it right and not having the constraints the factory had when building the cars to meet 'standards' imposed on them, which really was an injustice to these great cars.

The engine will be basically stock internally this trip as I want to see just what I can do with the 160K mi engine by allowing it to breath, and the truck isn't a race car.
A race engine will came later as I'm itching to do some serious head work to one to go with the big injection system.

The other two cars of any interest to 'car guys' is the 23 Ford Roadster with the 350 Lamborghini engine I built back in 1980 and have driven since, and the replica of the 'HURRI-CAIN-II' AFX Altered Wheelbase Barracuda I built and drive. (1/4 mi 9.52 @147 using 2 gal of methanol)

Pictured is the engine of the Roadster with my injection, and the Cuda.
Enough for now.

Thanks for this great site, as I'm sure I'll learn a lot of details I might have missed over the years.
Fran Olson (FOX)

Attached Thumbnails New Member-scan.jpg   New Member-efi-roadster-003.jpg   New Member-u-farmington-5-7-2011-003.jpg   New Member-espada.jpg  

Last edited by JimC64; 12-18-2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: LINE BREAKS ADDED!!
Old 12-16-2013, 04:13 AM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Fran,

Good to have you here with us at Jaguar forums. Thanks for the interesting Intro.

Follow this link XJS - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XJS forum and start a thread about your '84 project.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the US Lower Atlantic Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/l...c-sc-fl-ga-66/
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 12-19-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:14 AM
Received 4,304 Likes on 3,721 Posts

welcome to the forum - plenty of info and support here simply follow the links Graham has provided and enjoy!

Old 12-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Welcome!

Old 12-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........

Old 12-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Fran,

Good to have you with us.
I'll be looking forward to seeing how it goes, as will all the XJS guys.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 12-19-2013, 07:46 AM

Hi Norri,
Thanks for the Hello.
I keep getting this notice, (below), but have not found what I need to do about it as I have the daily email notifications.
I'm not really a 'forum guy' and this is really the only one I've joined in years, as I have little time to spare with running a one man business that take 10-14 hrs a day 6-1/2 days a week.
It's a great site for sure and pretty complex compared to some I've seen.
Getting used to navigating is a bit of fun.
This V12 project is one of a dozen I have in the shop, and it's one that is going to take a little bit of time.
I devote several hrs a week to it still though, and it will make progress as time allows.
Thanks again for the help and welcome!

Your Account Is Not Fully Active
Please confirm your account by clicking on the email activation link

Old 12-19-2013, 08:16 AM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by preseventy3
..............I keep getting this notice, (below), but have not found what I need to do about it as I have the daily email notifications.
Your Account Is Not Fully Active
Please confirm your account by clicking on the email activation link
Fran,

Forum owners, IB confirm there is a problem with the activation code page itself.

The tech team is in the process of re-coding the page so it works correctly, but for the time being, just ignore it! Your account is activated.

Graham

Old 12-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

Welcome aboard!

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (12-19-2013)
Old 12-20-2013, 05:42 PM

OK, Thanks,
I was wondering what I was missing.