New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member

Hi I bought a 2005 s type in April. I live Carlsbad Ca. My dad owned a XJ6 82 and I thought it be great to have a Jag as we just moved from Japan so I needed a car. So far it's been a nightmare 🙁

Where do i start. It first started with a battery drain. The electrician checked all the 20 modules and found 2 modules were draining and so we had 2 modules replaced... it worked great for 3 weeks... then one morning it would not even budge however all interior lights dashboard lights we on but just wouldn't make a sound when we tried to start. it Jump start no worries. Took it back to the shop and we put in a new battery to see if it was a bad battery... well a few days later same thing. we noticed after new battery installed and when we jump started it took a few goes to crank over but it did. The shop said the battery light came on one time and it turned off, they wanted to see if it failed again but it didn't. They installed a new alternator then a few days later, same again. interior lights and dash board lights working however wouldn't even click over again today. Again jump start and it takes a few cranks and it turns no worries. i then noticed the airbag light was on for the duration of my trip but the next 2nd trip the light didn't come back on. I want to clarify that once i jump start it i no need to jump start it for the rest of the day. It runs there after, after stopping and starting. The shop tested the battery and its fully charged. its now in the shop.. they seem to think its a ECM problem as random lights will come on like the battery light then it came off and today the Airbag light came on and didn't turn on after i stopped and restarted. we have ruled out the there is no battery drainage anymore. i've had the car since april and its been a nightmare. we bought from a dealership "as is" the first 24 hours we had to return the car as it had bad gas fumes and was leaking oil. The 1 month later this electrical/ battery drain who knows nightmare. Of course alot of time had passed to even take it back to the dealership as we bought " as is" Besides this my gas tank only reads under 3/4 when i fill up so i just monitor my mileage. I can put up with this but geez this electrical fault i can't. i have turned to this page of some venting and hopefully possible some ideas of this nightmare. Thanks for listening

Old 08-22-2017, 11:24 PM
Received 10,476 Likes on 6,918 Posts

Welcome.

I note in your profile you have a 2005 S Type.

The S Type Tech section will have answers and guidance for all the issues you have.

It will pay to add your vehicle details, including engine size and miles traveled, via the CP drop down at the LH top of here, that way people are not guessing what you have.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:52 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum jolibee,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

I can see you've already found your way to the S-Type forum so there's no need for a link to it from me.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the US Western Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/western-us-ak-ca-nv-ut-hi-wa-id-38/
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 08-23-2017, 02:05 AM
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,848 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Old 08-23-2017, 04:04 AM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums jolibee,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 08-23-2017, 05:21 AM
Received 4,280 Likes on 3,700 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

Old 08-23-2017, 05:52 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forum.