New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member 2006 S-Type

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010 | 01:23 PM
|
Thumbs up New Member 2006 S-Type

Hi everyone!

Just acquired a 2006 S-Type 3.0 V6.
Wonderful car to drive. Great ride.
And a looker as well.

Les JagMan

Old 01-26-2010 | 01:51 PM

Welcome to the S-Stype family. I have a 2000 model 4.0 V8 and I LOVE IT. Its now got 136k+ miles on it, and running strong. I think out of every car I've owned in my life, this is my favorite. Its classy, smooth, fast, and has a beautiful silver paint job. My leather seats are getting a bit worn, I will end up re-doing those at some point, but other than that, its in sweet shape. i had a 5" DVD player installed where the stock audio CD player was location, and it sit next to the GPS that came installed with it, so it looks pretty badarse with two LCD screens side-by-side, and with the iPhone cable attached to it, we can use the iPhone with the unit for a lot of things like watching YouTube videos, movies and TV shows, listening to music and other things. The car gets really good mileage, especially for a v8 engine, and I'm planning to keep this one for a very, very long time, knock on wood.

Old 01-27-2010 | 03:30 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome , I hope you will be enjoying your ride as long as you own it

Old 01-27-2010 | 06:08 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome Les, if it looks good, why not share a pic or two.

Old 01-27-2010 | 05:00 PM
Veteran Member

Howdy Les,

Pics! Pics! Welcome to the forum!

Old 02-06-2010 | 09:49 AM
|

My 2006 S Type V6 3.0L has just 18,000 miles on it. So far, doin' well.
Color, is Indigo Blue. Ivory inside.
See it in the Pic Gallery at:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...p?albumid=1222

Les JagMan

Last edited by Les JagMan; 02-06-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Corrections
Old 02-06-2010 | 09:56 AM
|

Originally Posted by NashJag
Welcome to the S-Stype family. I have a 2000 model 4.0 V8 and I LOVE IT. Its now got 136k+ miles on it, and running strong. I think out of every car I've owned in my life, this is my favorite. Its classy, smooth, fast, and has a beautiful silver paint job. My leather seats are getting a bit worn, I will end up re-doing those at some point, but other than that, its in sweet shape. i had a 5" DVD player installed where the stock audio CD player was location, and it sit next to the GPS that came installed with it, so it looks pretty badarse with two LCD screens side-by-side, and with the iPhone cable attached to it, we can use the iPhone with the unit for a lot of things like watching YouTube videos, movies and TV shows, listening to music and other things. The car gets really good mileage, especially for a v8 engine, and I'm planning to keep this one for a very, very long time, knock on wood.
BTW, I discovered that Oxyclean with "Elbow grease" followed by soft soapy solution followed by water on rag rinse, can really get stains out of ivory leather.

Les JagMan

Old 02-06-2010 | 01:22 PM

Welcome to the s type familia! hope u enjoy ur car, now go drive it like ya stole it , enjoy

Old 02-06-2010 | 02:59 PM
Default restore leather

Originally Posted by NashJag
Nash, are you in Nashville? I'm in Franklin. There's a guy in town who can restore the leather. He did my wife's Saab and it looks like new.