New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member 2011 XK - Changing B&W Audio

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012 | 07:46 PM
|
Default New Member 2011 XK - Changing B&W Audio

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am a new owner of a 2011 XK. Bought it certified pre-owned and shipped across the U.S.A to meet me in CA. Previous was a 545i owner and I can attest that this car is much more agile and sporty. The sound system, however, needs some refining. I have the B&W upgrade and am in the process of revamping it a bit. I have researched on these forums and does not seem to be a whole lot out there on what is better. What I have found on these forums has assisted me in replacing the speakers and how to remove door panels, back seat and side panels. I did replace the rear fill 6.5" speakers with some polk Audio MM651 coaxials and they seemed to do the trick. I was not very happy with the total volume and the clarity of the system. New polks fixed both for the rears. Along that, I did replace the front door panels with some DX651 Polk Audio and they are not doing the trick. They are clear and very bright but I lost a big part of my mid bass. I have now decided to step up to the Focal K2 Power Speaker Components which are KRX2. These are high efficiency 2ohm speakers with 93db efficiency. So that is where I am at. I am awaiting those and will be installing those in a week or two. Everything else I left stock, stock, stock ! As far as the rest of the car... beautiful, gorgeous, love it ! Thanks all.

Old 04-20-2012 | 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by jjimenez10202
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am a new owner of a 2011 XK. Bought it certified pre-owned and shipped across the U.S.A to meet me in CA. Previous was a 545i owner and I can attest that this car is much more agile and sporty. The sound system, however, needs some refining. I have the B&W upgrade and am in the process of revamping it a bit. I have researched on these forums and does not seem to be a whole lot out there on what is better. What I have found on these forums has assisted me in replacing the speakers and how to remove door panels, back seat and side panels. I did replace the rear fill 6.5" speakers with some polk Audio MM651 coaxials and they seemed to do the trick. I was not very happy with the total volume and the clarity of the system. New polks fixed both for the rears. Along that, I did replace the front door panels with some DX651 Polk Audio and they are not doing the trick. They are clear and very bright but I lost a big part of my mid bass. I have now decided to step up to the Focal K2 Power Speaker Components which are KRX2. These are high efficiency 2ohm speakers with 93db efficiency. So that is where I am at. I am awaiting those and will be installing those in a week or two. Everything else I left stock, stock, stock ! As far as the rest of the car... beautiful, gorgeous, love it ! Thanks all.
Let us know how it all sounds when you get the new front speakers installed. If I understand correctly, the new speakers are going to upgrade the sound clarity, but not the sound volume. Right?

Old 04-20-2012 | 08:32 PM

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.
Let us know how it finishes up.

You should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 04-21-2012 | 12:37 PM

Here is an awesome thread about upgrading the audio in an 07 XKR.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...207-xkr-46312/

Old 04-22-2012 | 04:20 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum.

Good to have you with us.

Old 04-22-2012 | 07:18 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi jjimenez, welcome to Jaguarforums, good to have you here with us
Congrats on the car my man.........

If you add your car details to your signature it will help others to help you much more quickly.

A really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun

In the meantime I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features so jump on in and enjoy