New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink new member

Hi, my name is Dann Bunn, 68 years old/young. Retired. stroke survivor and had a Deep Brain Stimulation operation that has been quite successful! I live in Beautiful Savannah, GA.
I used to own a BMW MINI 2008. I now have a wonderful little 1999 Original mini 40th Anniversary model with both A/C and automatic transmission, RHD. It is a HOOT to drive, and always gets Thumbs Up everywhere I go. It only has 26,000 original miles.
I am soliciting advice on what type of JAGUAR, that might suit my wants or needs, from any of you that could take the time to offer some advice.
I want the JAG for comfort and ride on long trips, like to car shows and such.
I am not wealthy, and money is important. I also at the same time realize, I will want to add items to the car as I always did and do with the Minis. Having said that, I love the two door coupes, not convertible though. I also love the added options on the JAGS. I'm confused on the X and F series.
I've read that the Xj8,XJ8L,are better models/engines, etc. with the 2003 up to say up through 2005, that I may be able to afford. I'll certainly consider the four doors, but just love the coupes. I have to have auto trans as I'm limited on left arm and hand movements from the strokes.
I'm not able to do much if any mechanical work myself, but have a very good shop I use for my previous BMW Z3 coupe, and the minis. He is a professional vintage race driver, and maintains his business to support his hobby I guess.
Anyway, If any of you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate any help you could lend,

Thank you,

Dann
(vonbunn) I.D. on forum

Old 05-11-2013, 02:07 AM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Dann,

Good to hear you're successfully through some serious health issues.

A Jaguar would make a great addition in the garage next to your Mini. With any Jaguar, service history is essential and, generally speaking, the later Model Years in any series benefit from developments and improvements.

For the Coupe that is high on your list, follow this link XK8 / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XK8/XKR section for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top there is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Each of the other model tech section has a 'HOW TO' at the top full of useful information. If you don't find the answers you're looking for, post a question in the relevant tech section.

You may also like to visit the US Lower Atlantic Region section by following this link Lower Atlantic - NC SC FL GA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the search for the right Jaguar and enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 05-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Welcome to this friendly Forum, Dann.
Good to hear of your successful recovery.
Follow Graham's advice and enjoy your membership here.

The following users liked this post:
vonbunn (05-11-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 05:54 AM
Received 6,354 Likes on 5,532 Posts

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 05-26-2013, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by GGG

A Jaguar would make a great addition in the garage next to your Mini. With any Jaguar, service history is essential and, generally speaking, the later Model Years in any series benefit from developments and improvements.

For the Coupe that is high on your list, follow this link XK8 / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XK8/XKR section for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top there is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Each of the other model tech section has a 'HOW TO' at the top full of useful information. If you don't find the answers you're looking for, post a question in the relevant tech section.

You may also like to visit the US Lower Atlantic Region section by following this link Lower Atlantic - NC SC FL GA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your region.

Graham
Thanks Graham,
I have posted an apology for my hastey remarks a while back, However I just posted a reques for some response, but do not know how or who I sent it to. I wanted it to go out to ant forum member that could take the time to read it. Can you tell me how to do that? It starts off by describing my test driving some Jags and then some questions

Thank you,

Dann

Old 05-27-2013, 03:02 AM
GGG

Dann,

I followed the https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...xjr-xj8-51050/ thread and had seen you'd made a few friends! It didn't get too wild, your apology was accepted and it ended up with some good advice from sparkenzap and QuadManiac.

I've read you latest post there and that kind of question could get a better / wider response in a new thread. I can move it from the end of the thread it's in and make it the first post in a new thread of your own if you want.....?

Graham

The following users liked this post:
vonbunn (05-27-2013)
Old 05-27-2013, 07:38 AM
Received 4,331 Likes on 3,741 Posts

welcome to the forum and soon Jag family - you will find plenty of info and support here - agree an XK8XKR coupe would be a great choice - enjoy

Old 05-27-2013, 07:44 AM
Default please move it for me

Originally Posted by GGG

Graham
Graham,

I would appreciate it if you could move my last post you read to the correct part of the forum, new post, I think you said. My Gmail has changed it's format and I don't understand it yet. I may not ever understand. I'm not that computer savvy, anyway. This is the first forum I've ever tried to work in also, so please bear with me, if you can. I'll get it sooner or later, I hope. I just really wish I had not gone off at the beginning like I did. Some people will probably just see my name now, and ignore my request! That is my fault. I did that to myself. Thank you for switching it if you get this. I'll keep trying to learn,

Dann

Old 05-27-2013, 07:48 AM

Yes, Quad and the other guy were very helpful and nice. Yes, If you could make my post to the correct area, I really would appreciate it.

Thank you again Graham,

Dann

Old 05-27-2013, 08:49 AM
GGG

Dann,

I've made it a new thread in X308 section. Here's the direct link:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-choose-96027/

Is it the XK8 Coupe like mine you are also considering?

Graham

Old 05-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Don't rule out a good S-Type either! if you stick with 2003 and later versions with the 4.2 engine you will not be disappointed. I personally think it has the best "classic" look of the Jags of that era.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by GGG
Dann,

I followed the https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...xjr-xj8-51050/ thread and had seen you'd made a few friends! It didn't get too wild, your apology was accepted and it ended up with some good advice from sparkenzap and QuadManiac.

I've read you latest post there and that kind of question could get a better / wider response in a new thread. I can move it from the end of the thread it's in and make it the first post in a new thread of your own if you want.....?

Graham
I sure would appreciate it if you would do that for me. Thanks Graham,

Dann

Old 05-29-2013, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cat Man Do
Don't rule out a good S-Type either! if you stick with 2003 and later versions with the 4.2 engine you will not be disappointed. I personally think it has the best "classic" look of the Jags of that era.
That's how I was thinking also, about the classic look. The one I drove was an R and it was the quietest, quickest c and most comfortable car I've ever driven