New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member in Atlanta Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member in Atlanta Area

Hello All!

I decided to join the forum because I just became the proud owner of a 2002 X-type with the 3.0L V6 with 138,000 miles. It's not the Sport model, but is fun nonetheless. The exterior color is Anthracite Metallic and the interior is Ivory. I love the sparkle in the metallic paint!

The car has some repair that is needed...mostly cosmetic. I've already fixed the little door that covers the cigarette lighter, Gorilla glued several plastic parts that had worked their way loose, and gotten a good start on a thorough deep-cleaning. A few things that I'd like to accomplish within the next few months are replacing the driver's seat back (has the infamous hole in the leather side bolster), changing the fuel filter and cabin air filter, getting an alignment (it's quite shaky on the highway even with new tires), and painting the peeling glove box. An attempt had already been made to paint the glove box before, but it was done with silver spray paint that is also peeling. I would also like to replace the door speakers. The 2003 Saab 9-5 that I'm coming out of had a 9-speaker Harmon/Kardon system with two 6x9 woofers. Adjusting to the 4-speaker system in the Jaguar hasn't been easy

Overall, I look forward to my time with my X-type and appreciate you all having me!

ccash

Old 01-25-2013, 10:13 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum ccash,

Good to have you with us.
You will find the tech section for your model here if you need help or advice X-Type - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum take a look in the regional section too Lower Atlantic - NC SC FL GA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:45 AM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum ccash,

Congratulations on the X-Type. That's an extensive 'to do' list you've worked up already. Nothing too worrying other than the alignment which could scrub your new tyres very quickly if not resolved.

Follow Norri's link to the X-Type tech section for help, advice and information.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 01-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Welcome to this friendly Forum,
follow Norri's advice and enjoy your membership here.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hey there, welcome aboard ccash....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Get some pics of your ride posted on up......

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................