New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member Central UK

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014 | 02:51 PM
|
Default New Member Central UK

Hi please let me introduce myself, my name is Dave and live close to the nottinghamshire/derbyshire border in the Uk.

I was lucky enough to have bought my first Jaguar when i was 21, im 56 now. Working down the pit, i was on good money at the time. it was a 1974 dark blue 4.2 LWB Series 1. after about a year i bought another mint 1973. 4.2 LWB Series 1. Light blue [tourquise] with brown leather.

I bought this one owner from new car, from a doctor, who told me, no one had ever sat in the rear seats, but is wife had sometimes put her handbag and flowers on the rear seat. I would use the dark blue Jag to go to work in.

Using the light blue Jag at the weekend, visiting loads of night clubs etc. Happy days. I sold the dark blue Jag and kept the other for a good few years, i bought a Daimler V8. 250. This caught fire not long after owning it. So that got rid of that. Ill stick to Jaguars in future.

I did own for a short period of time a Jaguar XJ12. 5.0ltr Series 1. but this car loved to drink petrol and went through rear subframe mounting bushes, like they where going out of fashion. a number of years passed and i sold my fantastic light blue XJ6. I sold my sole to the devil and bought a Ford Granada. Well we all make mistakes.

My next Jag was some years on from this, after owning different makes of cars. My next Jaguar was a XJ 3.2 X300. This was the worst Jaguar ive owned to date. Got rid straight away and bought a 1998 4.0 V8 X308. what a fantastic car. i was the proud owner again of my favorite car again a Jaguar.

From 2001 through to 2006 would see myself and the wife driving through France, Switzerland and onto Italy in the summer stopping off along the journey on touring holidays in this powerfull car. We also visited St Moritz one year. Loved this car and miss it.

I have a photo of the Jag, taken by my wife, in the number one pole position box at Monaco F1 Grand Prix. Taken after the race on the Monday. where we previously watched Michael Schumacher drive is Ferrari from Pole to victory. I sadly sold this car after owning it for nearly ten years.

I am semi retired and could not justify, afford,the amount of fuel this brilliant car used. But have fond happy memories of this faultless amazing car. My current drive is a blue 2003 V6 3.0ltr X350 sport with ivory leather. Again a fantastic car i am very happy with.

I cant see me ever changing from the Jaguar make again. I am a big fan of the XJ, the XK8 and of course the timeless E type.

I hope ive not bored you all to much. drive safe and enjoy your Jaguars.

Dave

Last edited by JimC64; 10-19-2014 at 06:16 PM. Reason: please add line breaks
The following users liked this post:
Norri (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014 | 03:44 PM
Veteran Member

Hello & welcome , from the Cotswolds , great story & some great cars . I'm ex Jag salesman ( 1960's ) Mk1 , 2 , S , 10 , 420 , E etc . Happy days . Yea sad about the British mining industry ...just a shadow of its former self . I'm 70 next year & retired from New & used motors , pubs , clubs , hotels & wine bars , Antiques & market trading . I can also drive a double decker ...great to see you here ..

Old 10-19-2014 | 04:30 PM

Welcome to the forum, great story.

Old 10-19-2014 | 05:53 PM
GGG

Welcome to the forum Dave,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow this link XJ ( X350 & X358 ) XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the X350 forum for help, advice and information.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the UK & Eire Region forum by following this link UK & Eire - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 10-19-2014 | 06:07 PM

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!!!

Old 10-19-2014 | 06:11 PM
Veteran Member

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

Old 10-19-2014 | 09:04 PM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Dave,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 10-19-2014 | 10:19 PM
Veteran Member
Default Welcome to Jaguar Forums

Hi there Dave. Welcome aboard JaguarForums, and greetings from a fellow enthusiast in Australia.
Best wishes,
Ken