New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New member from Chicago area

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from Chicago area

These online forums are great for info so decided to start a journey that will hopefully end up with a 2010 XF in my driveway by about this time next year (more on that later). Right now I'm still in research mode. I've owned a fair number of makes and models over the years and came close a few times with Jaguars (never new, always used) but never pulled the trigger. This time I'm looking for something a bit more special in my next new car so have looked at the typical (BMW 5 series, MB E class, Lexus GS & LS) and not so typical (new BMW Z4, VW CC). Before finalizing what direction I'm going to take, I'm looking for feedback on folks Jaguar dealer service experience (of course within metro Chicago - we have a number of them around here). I do notice a fair number of folks here perform their own maintenance (which is great, been there done that on other cars, I'll keep them clean and detailed, let others with garage bays do the other stuff) but as the first few years are under warranty let's start there first. As far as after warranty, I've heard great things about a shop out in Lake Zurich so I'm all set there. I'm also waiting for the '10's because the '09's (at least some of the early ones) are going through the first-model-year teething pains that a lot of cars still seem to have. While I have seen a few dealer stories posted, many are fairly old and with the better press on the XF as of late I was hoping to see something more recent. If any Chicago area dealers are known to offer XF's to rent for a few days (so you can experience all road conditions, etc.) that would help as well -- in the past a quick test drive was typically enough, no car I ended up buying disappointed but then they weren't north of $50K either!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Welcome to the forums
I don't think you would make a mistake by picking up the XF ,that ride is totally the best Jaguar ever made !

Old 06-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

hey there 74B.....Welcome to the site
Sounds like you're really gonna do your research....nice one.
Check out the relevant section here and ask the owners for feedback. The regional section may be useful for info for other members in your area who may also give feedback on dealers etc etc

Good luck

Old 06-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howdy early

Welcome to the forum!

Old 06-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks guys -- appreciate the warm welcome

Not much info on Chicago metro dealer ratings -- just one 'bad' one with a few specifics to back it up (not here, on LinkedIn Jaguar/Land Rover group). I've been doing some more reading and it looks like the '09 XF SC would still be a bargain as the '10 is going with an XFR model (but of course everyone on this forum already knew that) with a pretty big increase in MSRP. I've got time on my side to possibly even see what (if any) changes would be planned for an '11 (actual purchase is timed with my youngest graduating from college next spring). Saw a pearl white-like XF yesterday -- color was really striking although I'm more partial to metallic grays myself. Will keep looking for info --