New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New member, CosmosXj6

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013 | 04:55 AM
|
Default New member, CosmosXj6

Hey, my name is Charlie, I'm from North Carolina. First off I just want to say Thank You in advance for the forums! I have a 1996 Jaguar Xj6, v-6, with 142000 miles, white. I am father of 2 pre-teens a girl and a boy, 12 and 11. Still a newly wed with my 4th Anniversary coming up in August of 2013.
Recently started minor fixes to my Jag, and now I have questions to a couple problems I'm having. My current issue is my trunk light shows that it is open on my control panel, but infact it is closed and the trunk release button on the dash does nothing and neither does the remote. My doors want lock with the remote, but the key in the door locks it, sounds the alarm but then does the long beep afterwords letting you know that it's not armed. I don't know what I need to do to fix this.
Thank y'all again for the forums, and I look forward to learning as much as I can!
Thanks,
Charlie, a.k.a CosmosXj6

Old 02-13-2013 | 05:09 AM
GGG

Welcome to the forum Charlie,

You're going to need all the $$ saving help you can get for here. Those two pre-teens are going to get very expensive over the next few years!

Sounds like you may have a break in the harness at the lid hinge or a fault with the microswitch. Follow this link XJ X300 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the X300 section for help, advice and information.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You may also like to visit the US Lower Atlantic Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/lower-atlantic-nc-sc-fl-ga-66/ to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 02-13-2013 at 06:02 AM.
Old 02-13-2013 | 05:22 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Nice car these X300. Very easy Jag to keep.

Pre teen boy and girl, HAHAHA, they will cost more than a fleet of Jaguars, been there. Mine are 30 and 26 now and still costing me $.

Old 02-13-2013 | 05:58 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome to this friendly Forum,Charlie.
Follow Graham's advice and enjoy your membership here.
Don't forget to put your car details in your signature to help us.

Old 02-13-2013 | 06:48 AM

Charlie - welcome to the forum - you will find a great deal of info, guidance & support here. Ahhh the joys of tweenagers - just think in a few years it will be "Dad can I borrow the Jag?"!!!

Old 02-13-2013 | 08:07 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by CosmosXj6
Hey, my name is Charlie, I'm from North Carolina. First off I just want to say Thank You in advance for the forums! I have a 1996 Jaguar Xj6, v-6, with 142000 miles, white. I am father of 2 pre-teens a girl and a boy, 12 and 11.

Take comfort in knowing that you have a year or two left before they start getting moody, belligerant, irrational, etc .

Or you may escape it entirely.

Me? I had one of each

Still a newly wed with my 4th Anniversary coming up in August of 2013.

Congrats !

Recently started minor fixes to my Jag, and now I have questions to a couple problems I'm having. My current issue is my trunk light shows that it is open on my control panel, but infact it is closed and the trunk release button on the dash does nothing and neither does the remote. My doors want lock with the remote, but the key in the door locks it, sounds the alarm but then does the long beep afterwords letting you know that it's not armed. I don't know what I need to do to fix this.
Thank y'all again for the forums, and I look forward to learning as much as I can!

Briefly, without delving into the schematics and such....I'm almost off to work....I'd say you have a problem the the micro-switch in the trunk latch and/or a problems with broken wires at the trunk lid hinge.

The system the trunk is open....as proven by the dashboard warning light.

I suggest posting this problem in the "X300" section for technical asvice as not everyone looks in this section on a daily basis.

Cheers
DD

Old 02-13-2013 | 09:06 AM

Welcome to the forum Charlie,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 02-13-2013 | 07:50 PM

welcome to the forums

Old 02-14-2013 | 06:48 AM
|

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Thanks for the link you posted Graham! I am grateful for the help! And yes a whole fleet of Jaguars I think would be cheaper at this point! lol
The older they get I think the price of their gadgets double every year, but the cost of my "toy" now that I'm fixing minor things on the Jag makes it seem equal. lol

Old 02-14-2013 | 08:04 PM
Veteran Member

Hi there Charlie & welcome aboard Jaguarforums ....... good to have you here with us

so if you have em post em on up

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................