New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member and First time Jag owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013 | 02:41 PM
|
Default New Member and First time Jag owner

Hi everyone,

Back in November I purchased my first ever Jaguar. I have always loved theclassic XJ6 4 door sedans, the older the better. I looked at several series 2Jags and then found a 1 owner 1971 XJ6. I rented a trailer and drove 2 1/2hours away to the owner's house. The Jag was parked in a heated garage andthe owner's daughter was at home when I got there. Her and I talked aboutthe car and she shared stories with me about riding in the car and evenrecalled they day they bought it. I was stunned at how beautiful the carwas.

Finally the owners arrived and a little old man and woman greeted me and wetalked more about the car. The woman had tears in eyes as she spoke about thecar and selling it to me. She said she liked how I looked and was glad it wasgoing to someone who wanted to enjoy it.

About the car:

The car has 98k on the odo, has black leather interior, black paint, chromewheels and hub caps, and has had a Chevy 350/ Turbo 350 swapped into it. I wasspecifically looking for a Jag that had the motor swapped out. I like the ideaof having a Jag with the original motor in it, however the parts are expensiveand hard to come by.

The leather was a bit cracked here and there but I think it addscharacter and is to be expected for a car of this age. The paint has someissues that were caused by the owner. He had sanded it down andpainted it and the paint bubbled. It has very small pin head sized bubbleson the hood, roof, and trunk. They are not noticeable until you are rightnext to the car. I will eventually repaint.

I am really enjoying this car as are the rest of my family. The Jag is theofficial "date" car for my wife and I and my kids are always askingif we can take it out for drives. I plan to eventually show the Jag atlocal car shows since these cars are not represented very well locally. I lookforward to chatting with you all and will be asking my fair share of questions!

Collage b&w-desktop by SnoJag, on Flickr

Attached Thumbnails New Member and First time Jag owner-8496221586_c3dfde1663.jpg  
Old 02-21-2013 | 05:52 PM
GGG

Welcome to the forum SnoJag,

Great Intro.

A 42 year old one-owner vehicle of any type is a very unusual find. Provided the metal is sound, the paint bubbles shouldn't be difficult to rectify.

Follow this link XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III section for help, advice and information.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You may also like to visit the US Northwest Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/northwest-washington-oregon-idaho-sw-canadians-64/ to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 02-21-2013 | 06:28 PM

nice intro - welcome to the forum and the Jag family. Hope you enjoy both the Jag and your stay here.

Old 02-21-2013 | 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by SnoJag
Her and I talked aboutthe car and she shared stories with me about riding in the car and evenrecalled they day they bought it. I was stunned at how beautiful the carwas.
HA! As I was reading it I automatically inserted "how beautiful the owner's daughter was" before I finished reading your sentence completely. Shows where my mind was

Visit the Pacific Northwest section here Northwest - Washington/Oregon/Idaho & SW Canadians - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum and join the conversation!

Thanks for the great compilation of pictures you posted. Really cool. Welcome to the site!

Old 02-21-2013 | 10:25 PM

Welcome to the forum SnoJag,

Good to have you with us.
That's a great story, thanks!
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 02-22-2013 | 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Hi there & welcome aboard Jaguarforums ....... good to have you here with us SnoJag

Thanks for the great intro and congrats on the Jaaaag

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................