New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member in Florida

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 09:04 AM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default New Member in Florida

While I do not yet own a Jag, I have always admired them, especially the XKE of the 60s when I was a teenage boy and young man.

I intend to buy a Jag in a few years and will use this forum as one input when I make my decision. I tend to favor the 2-door XK and F-type coupes. It's a question of what one will cost.

I currently own two cars:

1. 1967 Plymouth GTX Hardtop - 426 hemi 4-speed
  2. 2013 Ford Focus ST hatchback
Both are fun to drive. I use the GTX for short drives on sunny days and try to display it in local shows and cruise nights. The ST is my daily driver but is not driven very often. It is an absolute blast to drive.

My wife has her own car and does not drive either of mine.

If I buy a Jag, I will probably sell both of these cars. I will be very interested in getting a fair price; I will also look at superb condition used Jags. I will be particularly interested in maintenance and reliability.

Thank you all for letting me learn from your forum.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,463 Likes on 5,466 Posts

Hello,
You have quite a car history. My oldest brother had a completely restored 1959 Plymouth Fury for a couple years until someone made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

You'll find loads of help and advice in here about any Jaguar you might be interested in buying.
Welcome from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 12-16-2014, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by LnrB
Hello,
You have quite a car history. My oldest brother had a completely restored 1959 Plymouth Fury for a couple years until someone made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

You'll find loads of help and advice in here about any Jaguar you might be interested in buying.
Welcome from ElinorB.
(';')
Elinor, thank you. I have lots of research to do. Since I love to shift, I'll likely wait until 2016 when the F-type will be available with a manual.

I'll bet your brother's Fury was quite the car.

Bob

Old 12-16-2014, 05:13 PM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum ApolloBeachRetiree,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Production of the XK/XKR has now finished although there will be new models available at dealers for some time as stocks are cleared.

Follow this link F-Type - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the F-Type forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

You can also visit the USA Lower Atlantic Region forum by following this link USA Lower Atlantic - NC SC FL GA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
ApolloBeachRetiree (12-17-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 06:24 PM
Received 4,331 Likes on 3,741 Posts

welcome to the forum- enjoy!!!

Old 12-17-2014, 02:38 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forum

Old 12-17-2014, 06:42 AM
Received 6,355 Likes on 5,533 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums ApolloBeachRetiree,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 12-17-2014, 11:52 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Greetings I am a new Jag owner myself. I, in a fit of boredom, and a desire to get away for a week or so bought a 2001 Jaguar XK8 in Florida, on Ebay. I flew down and was supposed to be met by the seller. Five hours of sitting in the rain later I tracked down the sellers mini dealership. The car was not what was advertised. I was stuck in Florida, with no car and no way back! I managed to find a 2000 model, for only $2K more. It has not been a great car, lots of stuff broken. Not what I would expect from a $75K car. I am getting it back together, but it isn't easy. I use Ebay and the internet to get parts. I don't recommend the dealership, but this site does. A $300 to $400 convertible top pump on Ebay is $4500 at the dealership. This site is great for help so I do recommend looking here for answers. My Jag does drive great and has lots of power, I do like it.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Norri
Welcome to Jaguar Forums ApolloBeachRetiree,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help
Norri, thank you. Re the above, I have not yet purchased my Jag but I have a very good idea of what I want. In the meantime, here is one of my two babies.

1967 GTX - 426 hemi, 4 speed; a very original J-code hemi car with numbers matching engine and components from oil pan to carburetors.

Last edited by ApolloBeachRetiree; 12-18-2014 at 05:18 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by trchaves
Greetings I am a new Jag owner myself. I, in a fit of boredom, and a desire to get away for a week or so bought a 2001 Jaguar XK8 in Florida, on Ebay. I flew down and was supposed to be met by the seller. Five hours of sitting in the rain later I tracked down the sellers mini dealership. The car was not what was advertised. I was stuck in Florida, with no car and no way back! I managed to find a 2000 model, for only $2K more. It has not been a great car, lots of stuff broken. Not what I would expect from a $75K car. I am getting it back together, but it isn't easy. I use Ebay and the internet to get parts. I don't recommend the dealership, but this site does. A $300 to $400 convertible top pump on Ebay is $4500 at the dealership. This site is great for help so I do recommend looking here for answers. My Jag does drive great and has lots of power, I do like it.
Thank you. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. However, imagine your disappointment had you simply bought the XK8 sight unseen and had it shipped to you. Like you, I ALWAYS inspect the car personally.

I will seek lots of help from this site. Happy New Year to you.

Bob

Last edited by ApolloBeachRetiree; 12-19-2014 at 04:33 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Using JF "How To"

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

ApolloBeachRetiree (12-18-2014)