New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member from Howell, Michigan-- Hello All!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012 | 01:32 PM
|
Smile New Member from Howell, Michigan-- Hello All!

Greetings my new friends! I look forward to being a part of this fantasic website/forum.

My name is Eric Haglund and I have lived in Michigan all my life. I work for Ford Motor Company in the Export and Growth Operations area. I have worked at Ford Motor Company for over 24 years.

I recently purchased a 2004 Jaguar X Type 3.0L AWD SALVAGE VEHICLE-- a black on black (LOVE IT!). It was hit (lightly I must say) in the front end, but no major damage to the frame or engine. I had the hood, bumper cover, drivers headlamp assy, and radiator replaced. It turned out FANTASTIC... I love the look of the car.

The car only had 35K miles on it when I got her-- and the interior was MINT! I have a good friend that owns and operates a couple small garages. He is currently going through the vehicle to ensure there are no other hidden surprises (mechanically).

I have learned so much from this forum already about where the transmission fill plug is located, etc. My body repair guy (not a Jag expert) couldn't figure out where it was until I looked here.

Anyway-- a lot a great information here on the forum and I look forward to reading (and learning) more about my new "baby" Jag.

Thanks very much!

Old 10-16-2012 | 01:47 PM
GGG

Welcome to the forum Eric,

You must have got a good deal on the X-Type. Be interesting to see pics of the 'before' and 'after' condition.

Pleased to hear you've already found useful information here to help get it back on the road. No need for a link to the X-Type section!

Thanks for adding vehicle details to your Signature. It's a great help to everyone when responding to posts.

You can also visit the Mid West US Region section by following this link Mid West US - IL IN IA MI MN MO OH WI - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the X-Type and the forum.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
ehaglund (10-16-2012)
Old 10-16-2012 | 04:41 PM

Welcome to the forum Eric,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 10-16-2012 | 04:53 PM
Veteran member

Welcome to the forum, Eric: and greetings from the Midwest Region. Best of luck with the new car. Enjoy the ride, and enjoy the forum!
Scott

Old 10-16-2012 | 07:20 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey Eric, welcome aboard, good to have you here with us here at JF

Really nice intro, thanks for sharing and congrats on the Xtype.........just missing a few pics now so ig you have them, get them posted up mate.

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Check out the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features.

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 10-18-2012 | 11:11 AM
Veteran member

Welcome Eric, I drove through Michigan in early September, I noticed the highways were very nice. (I'm a civil engineer, so I notice these type of things). Glad you found our little corner of the internet, there are some great members to draw insight and assistance from...you'll have no trouble fitting in and contributing to the braintrust that is jaguarforums. Yes, i know I exaggerate at some times, i'm getting help for it.

Old 08-20-2021 | 11:18 AM

Hello Eric!

I grew up west of Lansing, Michigan and visit occasionally for my family who is now closer to the Hastings area.
I also worked in the automotive field (because it is Michigan) primarily for Tier 2 suppliers. Obviously after a career in 16949 you have plenty of resources in your roll-o-DeX, should you ever need assistance though outside of that please feel free to send me a message.

Old 08-20-2021 | 01:13 PM
GGG

Originally Posted by JeremyMc
Hello Eric!

I grew up west of Lansing, Michigan and visit occasionally for my family who is now closer to the Hastings area.
I also worked in the automotive field (because it is Michigan) primarily for Tier 2 suppliers. Obviously after a career in 16949 you have plenty of resources in your roll-o-DeX, should you ever need assistance though outside of that please feel free to send me a message.
Eric was last of the forums more than six years ago on 04-29-2015 so it is unlikely he will see your post.

Graham

Old 08-20-2021 | 04:15 PM
Veteran Member

Hello, Eric,
Congratulations on your new BLACK X-type Jaguar!
Its amazing to me what light "damage" results in a total Loss of a car.
On the other hand, a couple years ago I had reason to deal with a real body shop said to be very reasonable in their cost, but if that experience is anything to go by, it wouldn't take very much "damage' (especially when replacing body parts) to add up more than the cost of the car wholesale.

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 08-20-2021 | 05:19 PM

How did you make out with your Baby Jag?

I started with 1986 XJS V12. Loved it! A joy to drive. The more I drove it, the better it behaved.
It was basically reliable and wasn't a money pit. I just had trouble getting in and out because of the low roof line. Like mounting a Corvette.

So I moved to a pair of sedans. 2001 XJ8 and 2004 Vanden Plas. The XJ8 (Less than $6K; 148K miles) is a joy to look at and drives beautifully; very reliable, except that the transmission was bad from the start; only showing trouble when hot. Other than that repair, good to go. I drive it during the summer since a powerful rear drive sedan isn't best on snow and ice. Besides, its rust free and the interior is immaculate. I bought it down to UT from Seattle. Only negative is the lack of modern Bluetooth and US phone compatibility.

The 2004 Vanden Plas is a real land rocket! Can you imagine having an extra 100 horses with the XJR version? My, that's amazing. Aluminum and composites make it a few hundred lbs. lighter than the 2001 and it shows in the performance! Simply amazing. Cooling issues are nagged me, radiator, thermostat and fan; oh yeah, fuel pump. I suspect they are no different than any other used cars today over 100K miles on the clock..

Last edited by spindrifter; 08-20-2021 at 05:21 PM. Reason: deleted name
Old 08-25-2021 | 03:04 AM

Welcome to the forums.