New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member Intro

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013 | 02:06 PM
|
Default New Member Intro

Hi from California!

Although I am not technically "new" to the forum, I never got around to setting up my profile or doing a proper intro....so, better late than never, right?

I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 kids (7, 10 & 15) who get hauled around in the most expensive taxi known to man -- or so my hubby says-- my 2000 Jaguar XJ8 Vanden Plas. She's silver with black leather interior and walnut trim and makes me feel a little less like my entire life revolves around cub scouts, soccer and cheerleading.

I bought my Jag about 2 years ago from the original owner, who took meticulous care of it....all service records, clean interior, garaged, the whole nine yards.
My hubby (who is only slightly mechanically inclined, and only with American makes) discouraged my purchase due to the high price of repairs and the fact that I commute/taxi kids 100+ miles per day on average. I- my mind set on this beautiful vehicle- debated the fact that it was mechanically sound, had most of the high-mileage repairs typical for VDP already performed the year prior, and the gas mileage being on average 22mpg. I won.

I've since had several brain-wracking, frustrating issues when it comes to repairs....but fortunately they have not emptied my children's college accounts because my hubby has an employee that used to be a mechanic that does side work for us for little more than the cost of parts.

It seems that just when I think I've solved any issues, a new one pops up. But so far, I've been able to troubleshoot a lot of them with just a little browsing through the forum (like I said, I've been a member for a while, but only had the time to browse to fix my problems and never to set it up completely) In fact, I have become quite capable when it comes to troubleshooting and have been able to at least narrow down the possible causes before having someone start a repair diagnostic.

That being said, I still love my car...and, if nothing disasterous happens mechanically in the near future, I think I can convince my hubby that I don't need to trade her in for a hybrid mommy-mobile and I can keep her for a little while longer!

Old 08-27-2013 | 02:17 PM
GGG

Welcome to the forum Cali4niagirl,

Great Intro. Good to have you here with us at Jaguar forums and to hear that the information helps keep your taxi on the road!

I think any links to the tech section are way overdue and you probably know your way around here better than I do.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the Western Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/western-us-ak-ca-nv-ut-hi-wa-id-38/
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 08-27-2013 | 05:17 PM

welcome to the forum and the Jag family. Great intro and one hell of a mommy mobile!! As you have found, this is a great place for info and support - the best tool in a Jag owner's tool box. Enjoy the Jag and the forum!

Old 08-27-2013 | 06:49 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome!

Old 08-28-2013 | 05:53 AM

Welcome to the forum Cali4niagirl,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 08-28-2013 | 06:40 PM
|

Thank you so much for the welcome and helpful advice!

Old 08-28-2013 | 07:10 PM
Veteran Member

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help, please just ask

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................