New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member in Ireland

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member in Ireland

Hi Guys!
Just dropping a note to say Hi!
Decided to sign up when every search i put into goodle on Jaguar X-Type brought me to this forum, And i see a lot of you are Gurus and experts so im looking forward to picking your brains!
About to buy my first Jag as after 15 years im having to give up my company car.
Talk to you all soon!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:14 AM

And now i have added a signiature!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:44 AM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Bill,

Good to hear you've already been finding useful information about the X-Type in the forum so no need for me to give you the link to the gurus and experts.

Running your own car again after a fifteen year gap with a company car - you are in for some shocks at the way costs have gone!

Enjoy the X-Type and the forum.

Graham

Old 08-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum Bill,

Good to have you with us.
All the best with the new car, and you can ignore my sig advice below!
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi there Bill & welcome aboard, good to have you here with us Thanks for the kind words on the forum.....

Buying and maintaining your own car after 15 years of company car ownership....ouch.
On the bright side at least you'll have much more choice

How to: Post pictures
How To Add Pictures In Your Messages

Also, why not drop in and visit the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 08-17-2012, 08:28 AM

Thanks everybody for the warm welcomes!

I have been on many forums in my time and rare to get a welcome like this!

Yes im getting ready for the expence of running my own car, Im actually changing job so i wont be on the road any more so the car is just for pottering about in, What brought me to look at the X-Type is that it seems to just be very reliable (The 2.0D Anyway) and frankly they are VERY cheap second hand, And really as i havnt owned a car before i needed to spend very little on my first.

Also, Had 2 Mondeos in a row 2001 and 2002 Diesels so im familiar with the drive and gearbox and general rock solidness, Anyone know of anything i should look out for when colecting the car?

I know the garage have just replaced the flywheel and PS Pump, 2 Things that have been known to give trouble on them, and he is due to fix a faulty outside temp sensor and the passenger door has the usual issue of teh handle not working right... Think i have everything covered or is there anything else i should look out for?

Thanks again guys

Last edited by JimC64; 08-17-2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: block text - create line breaks to make more readable
Old 08-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi Bill, thanks for the kind words on the forum, much appreciated.

By 04 most of the issues with the earlier ones had been resolved, I'm surprised you even have the door handle issue ( covered here in the X type section )
Dash vents popping up? Should have been resolved but worth looking at and just a matter of a few clips anyway iirc.

Like you I had many Mondeos in my time, several in fact which helped me cover over 1M miles in over 20 years. I never in all that time had any issues, barely even checked the oil to be honest......great cars.

Your 2.0d having the same drivetrain should be good for many years and many miles......the 2.2 would be better though
What an engine that is in the ST Tdci
I had one a few years ago and my daughter has one currently.

Looking forward to the pics Bill

Old 08-17-2012, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by JimC64

Your 2.0d having the same drivetrain should be good for many years and many miles......the 2.2 would be better though
What an engine that is in the ST Tdci
I had one a few years ago and my daughter has one currently.

Looking forward to the pics Bill
Will Have Pics soon, Would have loved the 2.2 but road tax in Ireland is a killer, The 2.0D is going to cost me €660 a year as it is!

Hopefully all will be good with it, My current Company car is a new Model Skoda superb, I personally found the Older Jag engine more refined and quieter so thats a good sign!, I have the Xenons and all the bells and whistles on that, so mainly what ill be looking to do with the Jag is a HID Upgrade, 6K White Bulbs and purchasing the Jaguar Sat Nav Unit and Fitting that, then ill be a happy man!