New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member with Jaguar problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012 | 07:52 PM
|
Default New Member with Jaguar problems

Hi everyone. I am happy to join this Jaguar community. I signed up because I have some Jaguar problems. My mom currently owns a 2000 S-type V6 with 86000 miles and that car is a headache but its her love and joy. She loves her car more than she loves me, how sad.....I have read some of the post and they have helped me a lot but now I have a bigger problem and I wanted to ask if the amazing Jaguar owners and experts could help me.

First, the car had a 5-10 second and I would have to put it in 2nd gear for it to kick in, it would get stuck on reverse when we were on a hill and while my mom was driving it was slowing down like it was losing power or it wasn't in gear. I read a post to change the shifter and I did. I also changed the fuel filter, oil filter, new oil, air filter, and a fuel injector cleaner. After I did all that the car ran like a beast. I drove it around and everything went fine. the delay was quicker and I didn't need to put it on 2nd gear, it would get stuck in reverse.It felt like the problems went away. so the next day I decided to take it back to my mom since it was ready. 80 miles non stop and it was running like a champ. I wanted to keep the car myself. But as soon as I got off the freeway and made a stop at the stop light the car went out and turned off. I was pissed. I would turn on the car and put it in drive or the other gears and it would shut off. I turned it back on and put it in reverse and it worked and I had to back up to a safe spot before I hit a car. I towed the car to AAMco and they charged 700 hundred just to take the transmission out to check it out and guy with transmission knowledge offered help and charged 1500 to rebuild it. I wanted to ask for advice from the community and see if you could help me out. Did I do something wrong? I made sure everything was connected right nothing loose. Would the transmission fluid be bad or low. Sorry for making my introduction long but my mom really loves this car and I'm trying my best for her to keep it.

Old 03-05-2012 | 05:52 AM

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.
I'm going to copy your post over to the S type section and see if you can get some help.

You should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

The following users liked this post:
bluepirate (03-05-2012)
Old 03-05-2012 | 08:26 PM
|

Thanks Norri. I really appreciate it.

Old 03-07-2012 | 07:42 AM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard Jaguarforums, good to have you here with us ....
If you add your car details to your signature it will help others to help you much more quickly.
Jump on into the relevant section and the guys will help, I'm sure as per Norri's suggestion
There really are some amazing and friendly guys here....you're in really good company to discuss anything Jag related or even just to have a few laughs!

A really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features so jump on in and enjoy

Old 03-07-2012 | 11:23 AM
|

Thanks JimC64!