New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member Looking for a Jag

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default New Member Looking for a Jag

Hello! I'm in Virginia - not a Jaguar owner yet, but hope to be soon. I'm looking for a project car to work on with my dad.
I'm specifically looking for a 6-cylinder XJS coupe or an XK8 coupe. They seem like the most accessible and maintainable, yet sporty, options.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:29 PM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum EastRando,

Plenty of info in the tech sections to help you with the issues on each. Good luck with the project whichever model you choose.

Follow this link XK8 / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XK8/XKR section and this one XJS - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XJS section for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' threads at the top of each are a good place to start for info on regular issues.

You may also like to visit the US Mid Atlantic Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/mid-atlantic-md-va-dc-de-wv-65/ to find other members in this country.

Enjoy the search and the forum.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
EastRando (04-12-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Received 6,308 Likes on 5,496 Posts

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by GGG

Plenty of info in the tech sections to help you with the issues on each. Good luck with the project whichever model you choose.

Follow this link XK8 / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XK8/XKR section and this one XJS - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XJS section for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' threads at the top of each are a good place to start for info on regular issues.

You may also like to visit the US Mid Atlantic Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/mid-atlantic-md-va-dc-de-wv-65/ to find other members in this country.

Enjoy the search and the forum.

Graham
Thank you! I've been browsing the site for a few weeks now and it seems like the best resource anywhere.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Received 4,281 Likes on 3,701 Posts

welcome to the forum

Old 04-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,008 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

The following users liked this post:
EastRando (04-18-2013)
Old 04-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Welcome. Whichever model you choose, will be the right choice. They are completely different in appearance, performance and ride. My preference, not that you asked for it but I'll share anyway, would be the later Xk8 coupes (would not recommend going for the initial years models). Of course, the XKR is a beast and if you are into performance even a bit, you will lust after this car. The body shape is fantastic and I love the XKR hood air inlets.

XJS is a slower model whose design reflects the sign of the time. Very flat and wide. Not as refined as the XK but is definitely classy looking. In-line 6 is a great motor and the XJS is so much easier to convert to a 5 speed if you are into manual trans.

Do yourself a favor and drive them all. After all, you try on a pair of shoes before buying them, right? This is in no way different. Don't be fooled by rock bottom prices. I didn't say that miracles don't happen, just don't get fooled into thinking you got one. Give yourself a piece of mind and have the potential acquisition checked out by a Jaguar pro mechanic. Shouldn't cost more than $150, but its worth it.

You have fun times ahead of you so good luck and let us know what you going to end up with.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:37 AM

Thank you! I'm really excited. I think both the XJS and XK8 look awesome. Whatever I get, I'll definitely get it checked out by a pro. I'm going to see an XK8 this weekend!