New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member from New Orleans with XJ6 problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member from New Orleans with XJ6 problems

Hello from Louisiana. Back in the eightys I worked for a British Leyland Distributor in New Orleans called Continental Cars Dist. As I drove these new ones, I realized that I wanted an XJ6. I finaly got my 1997 XJ6 this year and I love this car! Even with the electrical problems.

The biggest thing and the first that I wanted to tackle was the drivers window not going down. I pulled the door panel and jumped the motor wires, and the window went up and down fine. So i changed the switch, still it wont go down. The other windows work fine from the drivers switch. The other things not working are the power seats, the power mirrors, and the trunk release. Someone at FIXYA said that jumping the battery directly at the battery terminals can blow relays. The drivers that delivered my car did this repeatedly since they had left something on and killed the battery. Thanks for your help,, Noel with my bucket list XJ6

Old 06-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard Noel, good to have you here as part of the forum and congrats on the car you've always wanted.
Please check out the relevant section for your car and I'm sure you'll get good advice from those that know.

Loads going on, plenty of very friendly and helpful members as well as some excellent tech advice......all good!

In the meantime I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site