New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New member/owner Jaguar XJR 2002

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010 | 06:18 PM
|
Default New member/owner Jaguar XJR 2002

I LOVE my Jaguar. I have driven black Jags for 25 years, except one insane time when I drove a Ferarri 400I. He is a black desert cat that I drove in Palm Desert and it never experienced snow and ice. I moved to Colorado two years ago and he is not happy about driving in snow and ice, particularly on hills.

My husband and I are splitting up and he is taking the Jeep Grand Cherokee. That means trouble. I have to think about selling, not sure what to do, snow tires, Subaru????

While I try to decide, I am looking for info on replacing the fuse in my cigar lighter because my NUVI will not work. I know I have GPS, but it is too little and hard to read.

I will continue to post until you believe I am a real person.

Mary Pat
PS Where the heck do you upload a photo?

Old 08-28-2010 | 08:26 PM

Welcome aboard, and very nice car, if I do say so myself.

You have to meet 10 posts and several days before you can upload photos or view them. It is a spam preventative measure. I think there is a FAQ in the new member's section that details this.

If you love your Jag, you might want a Land Rover to get you the drive train and better all weather handling.

Old 08-29-2010 | 01:05 AM
|

Thanks, but they look top heavy to me. I like the Range Rover, but it might be too pricey new. I will look into it.

Old 08-29-2010 | 04:27 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome, Midlife explained it well
Then , take a look at Jaguar Forums Help Center in which you can find HOW TO Threads

Old 08-29-2010 | 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by mppetunia11
Thanks, but they look top heavy to me. I like the Range Rover, but it might be too pricey new. I will look into it.
I understand about the price issue. Range Rovers, just like our Jags, are surprisingly affordable in the 8+ year age range. As to snow tires for the XJR, it is hard to find them for 18" rims. I have thought about it myself, as mine is my daily driver, I've decided that for the couple days a year, I will just telecommute or take my wife's Excursion. Colorado has a few more snow days than Seattle!

Old 08-29-2010 | 11:56 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum Mary Pat, sorry to hear about your woes. Hope you get your transport situation sorted.

Old 08-31-2010 | 09:52 PM

I totally understand about the ice and snow issue, living here in Saskatchewan I had the same problem with my Jag. The pirelli's it came with just made the car slide all over the place. Ended up buying winter tires, although I drive my Mercedes mostly in the winter.

Old 09-02-2010 | 08:12 PM
|

Hi, I am back, still hoping to be a member of this seemingly exclusive club. I promise I am not a spammer. I hope that enough time has passed and that I have written enough notes that I can upload a photo of my Jag AND find out about the fuse for my cigar lighter which seems to be out so my portable GPS can work in it. thanks,
Mary Pat

Old 09-16-2010 | 01:12 PM
|

Hi fellow Jag lovers:
I am afraid I am going to have to sell mine. I have pictures posted. I have no idea what it would sell for. The online car people, Edmunds and Kelley Blue Book show very different prices in Colorado and Southern California. I may have to take it back home where appreciated. I might ship it, not sure what to do. This is so hard. Any suggestions or interest?

Old 09-16-2010 | 02:45 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear this Mary Pat, however my suggestion, if you have not already done it, would be to post into the Private Sales section.

The problem, I am guessing in terms of price may well be related to climate (never been to either location) but people generally have an idea of what vehicle suits their location and will thus only offer what they think is suitable.

Examples, a snowmobile in the UAE might be low, where as a dune buggy in Antarctica would also be low.

Anyhow, please stick around in this 'highly exclusive club'!!!, it must be because,

1; I am here and more importantly,

2, all our great members are here

The members make this forum the best forum I have ever seen.

Old 09-16-2010 | 02:56 PM
ud

What about keeping it and picking up a 100k stick X type 2.5 for winter and rain driving. Picked my 05 up from a new car dealer for 6k. Pretty much bullet proof with the 5 speed and the later years so long as you take care of the transfer case.