New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New member from Pretoria South Africa

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013 | 08:38 AM
|
Cool New member from Pretoria South Africa

Hiya there. Got myself a 2004 X-Type from Japan (wierd you'll say). Trying to get to know the car. Had 26,300 km on it have just clocked 28,000 km in just a week.

Bad news is that I can't find a Navigation DVD for South Africa. Also the radio tuner seems to be a bit wacky. Won't tune FM beyond 90 MHz.

Came from a Land Rover Discovery 3. Nice to see there are helpful chaps here one can talk to. Planning on having a swell time here.

Old 02-28-2013 | 08:44 AM
GGG

Welcome to the forum cortezone,

Used Japanese Jaguars are ending up in more countries these days. It used to be just Australia and New Zealand.

Follow this link X-Type - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the X-Type section for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top there is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You may also like to visit the 'Other Areas' Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/other-areas-43/ to find other members in your part of the World.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
cortezone (03-01-2013)
Old 02-28-2013 | 09:16 AM

Good to have you with us.
Your radio country settings may have to be changed, look here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ing-sdd-65092/ I assume the X will be the same.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 03-01-2013 | 01:51 AM
|

Originally Posted by Norri

Your radio country settings may have to be changed, look here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ing-sdd-65092/ I assume the X will be the same.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
Thanks for this info. Will try it out and report back.

Old 03-01-2013 | 02:14 AM
|

Hi Norri. Thanks one million times. The CD eject + AM/FM worked like a charm. Whoa!!!!

Old 03-01-2013 | 03:24 AM
|

Enjoy the forum.

Hi Graham,

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I plan to enjoy myself in this forum. I've updated my signature as advised. I've already benefitted from Norri's post who pointed out where to find info on my radio issue. I'm currently going through the FAQs and reading past posts.

Cheers

Old 03-01-2013 | 03:25 AM
|

Enjoy the forum.

Whoops. Something has gone awry here. I intended to reply to Graham's post but it went to Norri's.

Old 03-01-2013 | 04:51 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by cortezone
Whoops. Something has gone awry here. I intended to reply to Graham's post but it went to Norri's.
Easily done. Intro section is the place to make mistakes as you find your way around.

To reply to a particular post in a thread, click on the the black quote button at the bottom of that post (arrowed in red in this pic).

New member from Pretoria South Africa-quote.jpg

A reply dialogue box then opens with the quoted text already inserted.

Graham

Old 03-01-2013 | 07:33 PM

welcome to the forum - enjoy the time here as well as the jag