New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member and Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011 | 02:54 PM
|
Default New Member and Quick Question

Hello all,

I just bought my first Jag, a 2003 S-Type (unfortunately not the R).

Have loved since I first saw them, and couldn't be more excited. Have to say the site was a ton of help in making my decision!

Quick question that I would really appreciate if someone could give me a little insight. Car was running fine, but I filled it up for the first time (with premium gas) and now, when I start it in the morning, it runs really rough (and the restricted performance alert pops up), but after a couple minutes, it is as smooth as could be.

Just wondering if anyone has an idea before I breakdown and take the car in for it's first repair job (just in case, for instance, the gas I'm using is the issue, or something simple like that, maybe I'm dreaming that the problem is that simple).

Thanks...Mark

Old 04-06-2011 | 09:24 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

I have a 2000 s-type 3.0 and i use 87 octane and it runs great.

Old 04-07-2011 | 05:56 AM

Welcome to the forum Mark,

Glad to have you here.

You won't get much tech advice here, ask your question over in the S Type section and the guys will help you out.

Old 04-07-2011 | 11:30 AM

Markuss, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll get plenty of information regarding your situation here. Good luck with your car.

Old 04-07-2011 | 08:06 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome onboard Markuss
Good to have you here with us......

Hope you enjoy your time here, some great members / techs and DIY Tips

This section is rerally only for welcoming newbies to the site so that hopefully they can get comfortable adn we can get to know them. Questions like yours are not usually likely to be answered here, so please ask again in the S type section where they guys will all chime in I'm sure

In the meantime I've upgraded you too Full forum access so you can better view the sites features

All the best