New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New member, and a radio problem.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013 | 10:12 AM
|
Default New member, and a radio problem.

Good morning, afternoon, or evening. I just bought my first Jaguar last night, so i'm a proud owner of a 1998 XJ8 with 99000 miles.

This is my first Jaguar so I'm really excited to start enjoying this beautiful car. The car itself is in really good shape. The paint is almost perfect, and the color is beige. Maybe you don't call it that in Jag terms.....but I like it anyways.

So far I have only found one issue with the car and that is the radio.

First I thought that the right front speaker in the door was going bad, but now i hear scratching from the right front door speaker and the right rear speaker simultaneously.

It only happens once in a while, not all the time. It sounds like when a song is playing and the bass is strong it starts. On a talk station it happens less frequent.

I used to have a Subaru long time ago, and it had the same problem. Turned out the radio was going bad, not the speaker. Anyone else had anything like this happen?

Anyways thanks for reading, and I'm sure I will get some good info from this forum.

Last edited by JimC64; 03-20-2013 at 10:09 PM. Reason: LINE BREAKS PLEASE
Old 03-14-2013 | 10:22 AM
GGG

Welcome to the forum jetrooster,

Congratulations on the XJ8. You should find a sticker on the driver's door pillar with both paint and trim codes. Post the three letter codes for each for advice on the Jaguar colour names.

Follow this link XJ ( X308 ) XJ8 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the X308 section for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top there is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You may also like to visit the US Lower Atlantic Region by following this link Lower Atlantic - NC SC FL GA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 03-14-2013 | 10:27 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome to this friendly Forum, thanks for the interesting intro.
Follow Graham's advice and enjoy your membership here.
It's a good idea to put line breaks in a long post - makes it easier for elderly Mods with a limited attention span to follow them !

Old 03-14-2013 | 10:29 AM

Welcome to the forum jetrooster,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 03-14-2013 | 12:27 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum, I too never know what time of day it is, or even what day, most of the time.

Mice, would be my useless stab at it, but the X308 guys will help you out.

Good to see you.

Old 03-20-2013 | 10:09 PM
Veteran Member

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................