New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New member from Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New member from Virginia

I'm purchasing my first Jaguar this weekend, a 1998 XJR with 96k on it and thought I would get acquainted with the forum members in the mean time.

The car I owned previously was a 2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 which was totaled out in a flood a couple of weeks ago.

Insurance company gave me a nice payout (more than I paid for the car) so I started doing some shopping for a new car, not brand new just new to me.

Looked around and fell in love with the Jaguar XJ series, found a XJ8 Vanden Plas that I was set on and then discovered the XJR was supercharged and became dead set on that (being new to Jaguars in general I had no idea what the different models offered such as being supercharged).

After going from a naturally aspirated v8 to a turbo car I jwanted something in between which a s/c v8 does just that for me.

I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, having done all the work on cars I've previously owned and I am aware that these Jags are known to have some problems but I'm prepared for the costs of owning a Jag and the time I will have to put into fixing them.

Anyways thought I'd stop by and say hi, I will put up pictures once I pick the car up if my little trial period on this forum is over and I am able to.

Last edited by JimC64; 09-13-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: CREATE LINE BREAKS
Old 09-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Received 6,355 Likes on 5,533 Posts

Welcome to the forum Big Texx,

Good to have you with us.
Take a look here for the tech section for your model XJ ( X308 ) XJ8 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:52 PM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Big Texx,

Great Intro - congratulations on the XJR. Follow Norri's link to the X308 section for help and advice.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Please also visit the Mid Atlantic US Region section Mid Atlantic - MD VA DC DE WV - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 09-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi BigTexx & welcome aboard, good to have you here with us

Nice intro thanks for sharing, sounds like a nice ride too so get some pics posted on up when you can

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Why not drop in and visit the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here....

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

Welcome Big Texx
The forum is a wealth of knowledge especially for the DIY Happy Motoring

Old 09-14-2012, 06:16 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys and thank you for allowing me full access to the forum so soon, much appreciated. I'm waiting at the airport now to get on the flight to go get my car. I'll put up some pictures tomorrow when I pick the car up.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 194 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum BigTexx. If you have a mechanical aptitude, you'll be fine doing most of the repairs yourself!

Old 12-06-2012, 08:34 PM

Well I've been off the forums for quite a while now. Just did the timing chains and tensioners and now on to random little things like the trunk not releasing by pressing the figure on the trunk itself and my memory seat settings now working.... Dam electrical stuff.