New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New member in Virginia, USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 PM
MK2
Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
Default New member in Virginia, USA

Hello,
Just wanted to say "hello" as a new member of the Forum. I look forward to learning from others and hopefully contributing a little along the way. I have recently retired though I seem to be as busy as ever! I have several British vintage cars. I bought my 1960 Austin Healey 3000 MKI in 1971 and it was the first car I ever owned. I have completely restored the car and shortly after finishing it I drove it across the country and back - 8,000 miles. As a father/son project I purchased a 1959 Austin Healey Bugeye about 10-12 years ago. It is modified and it is great fun to drive, like a go-kart with a body.

I have always loved the looks of the Jag MK2. I found a car to purchase in Indiana a little over two years ago and it now sits in my garage as my current restoration project. The car was purchased from the second owners of the car. They purchased the vehicle from a Californian. Chassis: 223715 DN Engine: IC 9621-9 Gearbox: GBN 80480

My original plan was to make the car my daily driver and I was going to replace that lovely 3.8 with a modern engine and gearbox, but I have now decided keep the car pretty much as original with the exception of air conditioning and a few other "personalizations" for safety and comfort.

I maintain a web site for my British "toys" and I invite Forum members to take a look. The work I have done on the MK2 so far is detailed on the web site:
Valve Chatter

I look forward to enjoying membership on this Forum!

Lin

Old 01-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,013 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Hey there Lin and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Wow, what a great collection and a fantastic site you have, thanks for sharing.

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 01-16-2013, 11:06 PM
Received 6,366 Likes on 5,539 Posts

Welcome to the forum Lin,

Good to have you with us.
That's an impressive website and great work that you do, you have already found the tech section so here is a link to your regional section Mid Atlantic - MD VA DC DE WV - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:35 AM
GGG
Received 16,870 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Lin,

It's as well you're retired. You must be fully occupied with the AH, Sprite and MKII.

Great cars and an excellent website.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham