New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

new mexico newbie

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new mexico newbie

Hello out there, I am a first time Jaguar owner and come from a background of mainly Land Rovers. I purchased my 2003 S-type R in Dallas
with full service records, 100K miles and in great shape. Things have been rough so far unfortunately as I belive I have experienced a few years worth of problems in a few months. Thus far....
- DCCV replaced at dealer. AC went out while driving home. Existing problem that the owner of Passport Motors in Plano said he would help pay for. (He didn't)also new rear brake ads. $1151.00
- Fuel pump failure about 350 miles from home. had both replaced at dealer. With towing roughly $1600.00.
- Starting blowing fuse #32 again. I did not want to repair and so I kept changing it for a week or two. (Very hot part of the year). Ran out of 10 amps and put in a 15 amp. Result cracked radiator and blown fan relay ( I think). Currently in my garage where I have put in a used radiator, fan and have a used climate control module to install.
- I currently have limited access to attachments on posts on this forum and I can' seem to get the JTIS to download onto my computer- Probably
because I am running Vista.
- Would anyone be able to cut and paste the instructions on how to bleed the cooling system on a 2003 S-type R? I have seen a lot of references to it and addendums, etc. but I have not seen the entire procedure as I am not allowed to open any attachments. Thanks for your help and I have learned alot form this forum already. Mike

Old 09-29-2010, 05:59 PM

I am also new sounds like we have similar problem.I posted my problem in the s type section.Can you tell me what happen when the fuse blew.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome to the site capt
Hope you enjoy the site
Upgraded to FFA so you can see / view download etc

Old 09-30-2010, 04:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Welcome, enjoy your stay

Old 09-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum Capt, sounds tough, non of the big stuff covered by warranty?

Old 10-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Received 973 Likes on 644 Posts

I'm a newbie, too. Let's see how this goes. Here is the procedure for filling and bleeding a 4.2L SC radiator and intercooler.

Good luck!
XJRGUY

Release the cooling system pressure.

· Remove the coolant expansion tank pressure cap.
2. Remove the front undertray.
3. Remove the radiator lower cowl.
4. Remove the radiator drain plug. There is one on the radiator tank, and one on the intercooler radiator, in front of the engine radiator

· Drain the coolant into a suitable container.
CAUTION: Do not over tighten the radiator drain plug. Failure to follow this instruction may cause damage to the vehicle.

Install the radiator drain plug when all coolant has drained.

· Tighten to 1 Nm.

· Remove the container.

· Clean off any spillages.
6. Install the radiator lower cowl.
7. Install the front undertray.
8. Remove the coolant expansion tank bleed screw. [Large black plug near bleed hose]

CAUTION: The supercharger cooling system must be maintained with the correct concentration and type of coolant solution to prevent corrosion and frost damage.
Fill the cooling system up to the MAX mark on the coolant expansion tank using a fifty percent mixture of Jaguar Premium Cooling System Fluid or equivalent, meeting Jaguar specification WSS M97B44-D and fifty percent water.

CAUTION: Do not over tighten the coolant expansion tank bleed screw. Failure to follow this instruction may cause damage to the vehicle
Install the coolant expansion tank bleed screw.

· Tighten to 1 Nm.
11. Install the coolant expansion tank pressure cap.
12. Remove the engine cover.
13. Remove the supercharger coolant filler plug. [Large aluminum hex recess plug]

· Remove and discard the sealing washer.
14. NOTE:

Place a suitable cloth around supercharger fill port.
Top up the coolant through the supercharger fill port.
CAUTION: Coolant may spill from supercharger fill port when ignition switched on.

Switch ignition on.

CAUTION: Do not allow the supercharger water pump to run dry for more than one minute. Failure to follow this instruction may result in damage to the vehicle.

Allow the supercharger pump to run and top up the coolant through supercharger fill port.
17. Switch the ignition off.
18. Install the supercharger coolant fill plug.

· Install a new sealing washer.

· Tighten to 45 Nm.

· Clean off any spillages.
19. Install the engine cover.

CAUTION: Do not RUN the engine with the coolant expansion tank pressure cap removed. Failure to follow this instruction may cause damage to the vehicle
START and RUN the engine.
21. SET the heating system to MAX heat, the blower motor to MAX speed and the air distribution to instrument panel registers.

CAUTION: Observe the engine temperature gauge. If the engine starts to over-heat switch off immediately and allow to cool. Failure to follow this instruction may cause damage to the vehicle.
Allow the engine to RUN until hot air is emitted from the instrument panel registers, while observing the engine temperature gauge.
23. Switch off the engine.
24. Allow the engine to cool.
25. Release the cooling system pressure.

· Remove the coolant expansion tank pressure cap.
26. Fill the cooling system up to the MAX mark on the coolant expansion tank using a fifty percent mixture of Jaguar Premium Cooling System Fluid or equivalent, meeting Jaguar specification WSS M97B44-D and fifty percent water.
27. Install the coolant expansion tank pressure cap.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Default Thanks for the info.

That is exactly what I was looking for - Thank you.